Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: INOV8 Mudclaw 272. Grippy? NOT

Re: INOV8 Mudclaw 272. Grippy?

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I had 3 pairs of 330's in that time! 2 pairs were returned although despite the studs being ok I was told they were not faulty??? Even the shop I bought them from were stunned at the reply?! so won't be getting any more mudclaws in the near future, £69 for a shoe thats designed to last 4 months.

Edit- I am happy with the grip though...
    My new 333s look pretty sturdy but I've only had them since Xmas. Great shoe and grip I just hope they don't fall apart within six months!

Fellhound

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    didn't realise how aggressive the mud-claw tread pattern is, its ridiculous! Can't see how I'll be slipping on anything for a long while!
    Looks more impressive than it is. Nothing much wrong with the grip but no better than the Walsh PB, in fact the Walsh has the edge when brand new but soon loses (the edge) as the studs wear. Walshes are not the longest lasting soles but then they are made of softer rubber - that's why they grip so well - AND you can resole them.

Well my Talons have lasted 12 months with quite a lot of use
    Simply to say that a shoe has lasted 12 months without giving an idea of how many miles you have run in them and over what sort of terrain is completely pointless. I can easily destroy a pair of Walshes in 4 or 5 months but in that time I will have run about 800 miles in them and had them resoled once. I'm quite happy with that.

My pair arrived yesterday. Not worn them yet, but have to say, didn't realise how aggressive the mud-claw tread pattern is, its ridiculous! Can't see how I'll be slipping on anything for a long while!

Hope the off centre lacing system works, only gripe is that they don't have the same laces as my f-lite 195s as they are miles better than the thin laces.
    I wish Inov8 would get rid of these thin laces!
    I thought Insider said they where getting rid of them for this shoe?

Well I'll see how they do anyway.

Can't really speak about Walshes as I've never had any, but its good there are choices in the market!

272's They're a bit red aren't they?

Mudroc 280's have a very grippy sole - I try to save these for races where there's likely to be wet slate, e.g.The Moelwyns.

Fellhound

I agree regarding the Mudroc 280. The sole doesn't look particularly aggressive but they grip remarkably well, especially on rocks.

IanDarkPeak, did your studs come away on your mudclaws? I've just found that mine are breaking away on the heels of both shoes and one is coming away mid-sole even though they aren't worn down much. I have had the shoes for a year and half but they haven't been worn enough (in my opinion) to be that knackered already as I tend to alternate with my roclites for longer runs/races and do some trail and cross country running using different shoes (and road...but lets not talk about that )

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I had 3 pairs of 330's in that time! 2 pairs were returned although despite the studs being ok I was told they were not faulty??? Even the shop I bought them from were stunned at the reply?! so won't be getting any more mudclaws in the near future, £69 for a shoe thats designed to last 4 months.

Edit- I am happy with the grip though...

Quote Originally Posted by Hes View Post
    IanDarkPeak, did your studs come away on your mudclaws? I've just found that mine are breaking away on the heels of both shoes and one is coming away mid-sole even though they aren't worn down much. I have had the shoes for a year and half but they haven't been worn enough (in my opinion) to be that knackered already as I tend to alternate with my roclites for longer runs/races and do some trail and cross country running using different shoes (and road...but lets not talk about that )
    No studs are fine they just literally fall apart at the seems...