Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 179

Thread: Plantar Fasciitis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Plantar Fasciitis

    I know that this was discussed on the old forum, but-
    2 months ago I started suffering from PF. Thought I had shaken it last week and did a few miles only for it to come back again. If anyone out there has suffered from it and knows the frustration I am currently going through, please let me know how you got rid of it.

  2. #2
    I suffered with PF on and off for most of last year, I had a few months completely off running but have now completely got rid of it.

    I iced four or five times a day, had cross friction on my foot three times a week, used the turbo to keep the circulation going and keep my fitness up, changed all my trainers from neutral to support as I pronate and used ibruprofen gel on the area.

    When I began running again I only ran on grass, I started at 10 minutes and slowly built up to half an hour, it was a little frustrating running round a football pitch for weeks but it was better than not running at all.

    Good luck with it, it will go at some point

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Rice Pudding View Post
    I iced four or five times a day

    Well, it has got to the point where I'll try anything

  4. #4
    Senior Member gyppo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Somewhere flatter these days
    Posts
    219
    Have you looked at http://www.sportsinjurybulletin.com/...-exercise.html it seems fairly comprehensive.

    I would have suggested exercises to stretch the calf/achilles, to look seriously at your choice of footwear and consider heel raises but this would appear only to be addressing the symptoms rather than the root cause of the problem.

    Good luck, I unfortunately understand that it can be a long path to recovery, particularly if it has been a long on-going problem

  5. #5
    Master Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    you don't wanna know
    Posts
    1,881

    Re: Planter Fasciitis

    just been told i have got PF again. thought i had got rid of it, so now i have got some nice new streches to do 4 times a day.. o yeah and some differant orthotics and some more running shoes from up and running as well..


  6. #6

    Re: Planter Fasciitis

    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    just been told i have got PF again. thought i had got rid of it, so now i have got some nice new streches to do 4 times a day.. o yeah and some differant orthotics and some more running shoes from up and running as well..

    Sorry you are joining the PF club Penguin. Here was me thinking running was supposed to be cheap.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Brummy John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I know that this was discussed on the old forum, but-
    2 months ago I started suffering from PF. Thought I had shaken it last week and did a few miles only for it to come back again. If anyone out there has suffered from it and knows the frustration I am currently going through, please let me know how you got rid of it.
    Seeing a pod and on his recommendation wearing superfeet green inserts (~35), except when racing.
    Biriani for endurance, pathia for speed.

  8. #8

    Re: Planter Fasciitis

    Quote Originally Posted by Brummy John View Post
    Seeing a pod and on his recommendation wearing superfeet green inserts (~35), except when racing.
    Superfeet (green,well fitted ) worked for me. They support the feet rather than trying to twist them into a new shape! I have bought ten pairs over as many years.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    edge hill
    Posts
    762

    Re: Planter Fasciitis

    Quote Originally Posted by codramble View Post
    Superfeet (green,well fitted ) worked for me. They support the feet rather than trying to twist them into a new shape! I have bought ten pairs over as many years.
    ive tried all the off the shelf insoles and i agree superfeet green are the best . i put these down to it actually getting better . i also think ice pack helps a lot

  10. #10
    Senior Member bestathlete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    808

    Re: Planter Fasciitis

    commiserations on your PF


    I got it 12 months ago and unfortunately it took a while to go from a ignorable niggle to a proper pain that i couldnt run with and therefore sought professional advice.

    i was given a regime of stretches and took a few weeks off. resumed in time to do a few 20 milers before FLM and all was fine (but slow).
    Then a few weeks later it crept upon me again. this time i got some off the shelf inserts (30ish) which i used 100% of the time (daytime and runs)

    These seem to have sorted it out as when running I now cant even tell which foot it was. I still get aches and some pain after running though.

    Bottom line is - it will take a long time to be fully gone and you should do heel raises and calf stretches.

    Incidentally - I never got a satisfactory answer as to the cause of PF anyone any ideas?
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Similar Threads

  1. Plantar Fibroma
    By sunnysideup in forum Injuries
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-12-2009, 06:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •