Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Plantar Fasciitis

Plantar Fasciitis

I know that this was discussed on the old forum, but-
    2 months ago I started suffering from PF. Thought I had shaken it last week and did a few miles only for it to come back again. If anyone out there has suffered from it and knows the frustration I am currently going through, please let me know how you got rid of it.

I suffered with PF on and off for most of last year, I had a few months completely off running but have now completely got rid of it.

I iced four or five times a day, had cross friction on my foot three times a week, used the turbo to keep the circulation going and keep my fitness up, changed all my trainers from neutral to support as I pronate and used ibruprofen gel on the area.

When I began running again I only ran on grass, I started at 10 minutes and slowly built up to half an hour, it was a little frustrating running round a football pitch for weeks but it was better than not running at all.

Good luck with it, it will go at some point

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I know that this was discussed on the old forum, but-
    2 months ago I started suffering from PF. Thought I had shaken it last week and did a few miles only for it to come back again. If anyone out there has suffered from it and knows the frustration I am currently going through, please let me know how you got rid of it.
    Seeing a pod and on his recommendation wearing superfeet green inserts (~£35), except when racing.
    Biriani for endurance, pathia for speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Rice Pudding View Post
    I iced four or five times a day

Well, it has got to the point where I'll try anything

Have you looked at http://www.sportsinjurybulletin.com/...-exercise.html it seems fairly comprehensive.

I would have suggested exercises to stretch the calf/achilles, to look seriously at your choice of footwear and consider heel raises but this would appear only to be addressing the symptoms rather than the root cause of the problem.

Good luck, I unfortunately understand that it can be a long path to recovery, particularly if it has been a long on-going problem

Re: Planter Fasciitis

just been told i have got PF again. thought i had got rid of it, so now i have got some nice new streches to do 4 times a day.. o yeah and some differant orthotics and some more running shoes from up and running as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    just been told i have got PF again. thought i had got rid of it, so now i have got some nice new streches to do 4 times a day.. o yeah and some differant orthotics and some more running shoes from up and running as well..

Sorry you are joining the PF club Penguin. Here was me thinking running was supposed to be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Sorry you are joining the PF club Penguin. Here was me thinking running was supposed to be cheap.
    i couldn't agree more been going backwards and forwards to podiatry deptartments at hudds uni.

i have some differant orthotics to wear this time, so for a month or 2, i shall see how i get on.. can't wear em on the fells like.

Has anyone tried the "Strassburg sock"

http://www.thesock.com/

- does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by crowhill View Post
    Has anyone tried the "Strassburg sock"

http://www.thesock.com/

- does it work?

same principil of a splint of which it should be attached at night for upto 14 weeks.

not bad price at 35 dollars for a sock?