Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Plantar Fasciitis

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire

Re: Planter Fasciitis

Quote Originally Posted by RichardAThackeray View Post
    I've been suffering for a couple of months now, but thankfully, it appears to be going (I can walk properly on a morning now!)
    First started to make its presence known a couple of weeks before the (Stainland Lions) 'Bluebell Trail Race'

However, due to compensating for it when running, my left knee is playing up a bit, it won't straighten fully.

I've been having to run in a slightly crouching/squatting position, which looks odd, but helps

Seems to be going, as does the troublesome knee, as I managed to knock another 1:20-ish off the (8th) 'Trunce' on Monday evening

I even managed to run to/home from work 3 times last week!!!! (& a club-run!!)

Things could be looking up. At last

My only concerns now are;
    If there is residual damage from 2012's knee issues (chipped Femur), I may be back in the same boat, after an October holiday (& subsequent) flights to British Columbia..........

Hope not!!!
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

seems like every runner suffers from PF at some point, I have a mild case in my left heal only. Its manageable and seems to be getting better since I had a biomechanical assessment and have changed my running form slightly.
    Seems like you need to address the root problem not ignore it, whilst the golf ball and frozen bottle seem to be a relief they don't fix. My mileage is up now to over 20m a week and I hardly feel the ache at all.

Got it!! Anyone recommend a good podiatrist that can sort it...near Skipton. I'm bboked in at a clinic in Guiseley but open to offers. Ta.Matt.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HUGH JARSE View Post
    Got it!! Anyone recommend a good podiatrist that can sort it...near Skipton. I'm bboked in at a clinic in Guiseley but open to offers. Ta.Matt.
    Matt, you should try Bodyfix in Silsden. They're not cheap but are very good and sorted my trashed knees in 2008. Hope you get sorted, Andrew
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Matt, you should try Bodyfix in Silsden. They're not cheap but are very good and sorted my trashed knees in 2008. Hope you get sorted, Andrew
    cheers pal. I'll look into it. belated congrats to you and Stef

Not sure if this is PF, but I've got an ache right in the arch of my right foot, it doesn't hurt to touch or press but can give an awfull pain every now and then, if its at a wrong angle, liked driving the car for too long or walking around the house in bare feet, but there is no pain the heel at all. Running in trainers with good arch support seem to help a lot, and I can hardly feel it, The pain is right up in the arch of the foot, any ideas?

Had what sounds like a similar problem in my left foot. Ache above the arch ish before the toe. Went to get it looked at and have been advised its dye to walking a d running slighty off/slanted and the tendons have become very tight and got stuck. Massaging and strength and conditions seem to be helping along with a more conscious movement. Its made me think more about my running style and what I can do to strengthen my self and prevent further injury. Hoping it.ll be sorted swiftly.
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Go see a podiatrist. Here in article is nice description of what podiatrist can heel https://pedimanie.com/who-is-a-podol...oot-doctor-do/ I have experience with podology .

PF for 3 years and counting, shock wave therapy helped for a while but is expensive. My usual phisio got nowhere with it and the NHS discharged me saying they couldn't help. Recently started treatment with a guy called Colin Rigby at Tobutt Sports in Bolton and i have started running again. It took a couple of months and its not a pain free treatment but it does seem to be working. Anyone out there suffering with this close enough to Bolton, i would suggest giving him a try