Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Plantar Fasciitis

Re: Plantar Fasciitis

Do you wear the insoles all the time? And do you stay off weight-bearing exercise until all soreness has gone, or gently exercise through it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Do you wear the insoles all the time? And do you stay off weight-bearing exercise until all soreness has gone, or gently exercise through it?
    When it was really sore reduced my mileage down to about 10-15 miles a week for about 3 weeks. Plus went to the physios twice and the normal stretching, golf ball, ice combinations. But the big improvement came when I started wearing the insoles - and yes wore them (and still do) all the time.

had a look on superfeet website , orange look ideal for my safety trainers for work . thanks . almost a week now since injection , starting to work , feels strange to be walking with no pain whatsoever , lets hope this lasts . as for running think i should still leave it a while ,although rareing to go !!!

Thanks. I have a golf ball teed up and ready.
    The tees I bought from JJB Sports said they were for "resting your balls on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bleaklow View Post
    When it was really sore reduced my mileage down to about 10-15 miles a week for about 3 weeks. Plus went to the physios twice and the normal stretching, golf ball, ice combinations. But the big improvement came when I started wearing the insoles - and yes wore them (and still do) all the time.
    So you didn't stop running? I was assuming I'd have to stop altogether until the pf cleared. That could be great news, with a few races coming up....but what do any other pf sufferers think about keeping going? Any physios/podiatrists out there to advise? I'd hate to make things worse and finish up being out longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    The tees I bought from JJB Sports said they were for "resting your balls on!"
    Yup, that's while I'm massaging my feet.

Feet in the Cowclaps

but what do any other pf sufferers think about keeping going?
    I suppose it depends how bad it is, but I think the general consensus is that you can't run it off.

So you didn't stop running? I was assuming I'd have to stop altogether until the pf cleared. That could be great news, with a few races coming up....but what do any other pf sufferers think about keeping going? Any physios/podiatrists out there to advise? I'd hate to make things worse and finish up being out longer.
    From what the physio said to me it's definitely something you'll never "run off" You need to correct why it's happening in the first place.

Like most people it's a combination of things with me - including tight calves, too much pronation .... but the other thing he said was by stopping doing anything the pf will just get less flexible and easier to irritate in the future. The 10-15 miles a week I dropped down to was just running on a flat trail / grass. No hills - no roads and certainly no hilly roads! Oh and no races! And then build back up slowly.

Useful advice, thanks.

Having been stopped completely by pf now, I've done some internet 'research' on recovery times. The consensus is that it's hard to shake off, and can take anything from 2 weeks to 2 years...
    The average seems to be around 4 months, with most people who stretch, massage and keep away from aggravating activities - such as running - being clear within 6 months....