Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Plantar Fasciitis

Re: Plantar Fasciitis

ive had cortisone injection , no pain now but darent go running incase it comes back . decided to cycle and gym until 2009 .

Quote Originally Posted by lilactime View Post
    ive had cortisone injection , no pain now but darent go running incase it comes back . decided to cycle and gym until 2009 .
    That'll make it almost 18 months for you, won't it? Certainly at the nastier end of the pf spectrum.
    I guess if your pain's gone now you might get back sooner, but I can well understand your caution after so long.

Glad to hear that at last you seem well on the road to recovery, and that the injection was effective.

Sorry to hear about your injury TF. Hope it gets better soon

Feet in the Cowclaps

Lilactime - how's it going? Still no pain?

Has anyone tried this?

one month since injection , and still no pain ( fingers crossed ) cowflaps get the injection , nowhere near as painful as mentioned elsewhere , but does take a couple of weeks to work properly . pencilled in black rocks fell run in july . everything crossed .

tf , if your reading this , just had letter from hospital to go and get fitted for custom orthotics , been waiting for months and in the meantime been wearing superfeet green ( highly recommended ) . anyway custom built orthotics for the price of a prescription ? and each new pair willstill only cost a perscription because they have got the cast . supplying two pairs to begin with one for normal shoes and one for trainers. well worth a visit to your docs , how much custom orthotics ?

PF is a bugger. Thought I was clear after pain-free runs of 1hr plus last week, then did a couple of short races this week and am almost back to square one. No pain at all whilst running, or even immediately afterwards, which makes it very hard to judge how much you should be doing; it's not until the following day that you find yourself limping again.
    I still intend to do the Wharfedale Half tomorrow as I've learnt that I get little pain after the first half mile, although what I'll be like by Sunday is another matter. Chances are, I'll be out for a few more weeks.

sorry to hear this , im doing 2 mile runs at the moent with no problems . when i first got pf i found it went when i was about 10 mins into a run , but next day hobbling . in the end i had to give in . but look on the bright side people do get it to varying degrees . i suggest ice pack immediately after the half marathon you are doing tomorow .

Cheers. Will report back!

PF is a great condition to treat as a physio, as for me I enjoy the 'detective' work as it won't come on for no reason, there'll be something going on with either anatomy, muscle recruitment, foot type, gait, biomechanics...and so the list goes on. It could be a tight gastrocnemius (calf) or the soleus ( a muscle which lies under the gastroc and needs to be stretched differently to a calf stretch).

Injections are great, but unless the underlying cause(s) is also addressed, it'll more than likely return at some point....sorry!

My advise, get properly assessed to find out the underlying cause.

A quick tip to check the often neglected (in terms of stretches, and very relevant to fell running) Soleus muscle. Big toe to door, touch door with knee keeping heel on floor then return knee to start position, keep repeating, bringing your toe away from the door by a cm each time. You should be able to bring your big toe back approx. 4-6 inches before the heel starts to lift off the floor as you touch your knee to the door. Compare each foot.

good luck!
    No pain no gain...if still no gain try more painkillers!