Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Plantar Fasciitis

Re: plantar fasciitis

excellent news - might see you at three shires

plantar fasciitis

Hi all, any top tips for speeding up recovery from this,
    started with minor pain training for and after 3pks but still runnable, deteriorated at end of may so rested for 2 weeks, tried a run last monday and had to do the walk of shame, no improvement since.
    I run mostly trails wearing Roclites and am quite heavy footed, tried heel pads but they didn't seem to have much effect.
    any ideas??

Last edited by zephr; 23-06-2012 at 12:39 PM.

There's an old thread with 140 posts on it, representing a lot of experiences with PF.

http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showt...hlight=plantar

PhysioIan's posts are especially interesting, I think.

PF is rarely quick to fix and can be quite a puzzle.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

thanks for that, just found the old thread too
    bit of light reading for me tonight!!!

some useful stretches on youtube

Hi
    I suffered this a couple of years ago for some considerable time. I finally went to a local self referral podiatry clinic where they stuck needles in me - 4 sessions of acupuncture over a period of about 2 weeks and it was cleared up.

Quote Originally Posted by browny View Post
    Hi all, any top tips for speeding up recovery from this,
    started with minor pain training for and after 3pks but still runnable, deteriorated at end of may so rested for 2 weeks, tried a run last monday and had to do the walk of shame, no improvement since.
    I run mostly trails wearing Roclites and am quite heavy footed, tried heel pads but they didn't seem to have much effect.
    any ideas??
    Hi Browny

I suffered this for about a month a few months back after bout of chronically tight calves - resting doesn't help unless you address the underlying problem which is usually related to tight calves:

Stretch calves and use self-massage foam roller or 'the stick'
    Ice bottom of feet every night (put foot on bag of frozen peas for 5 mins every hour or so, perhaps when watching telly or reading) - this made a massive difference for me
    Massage bottom of feet and/or roll feet over a tennis ball

Keep training and endure the discomfort - it should slowly improve as the calves loosen with above effort - but if debilitating pain rest a few days but make sure you actively do the above

I maintained training through the injury and had it sorted in 3 weeks (hurt loads at first but eased over time)

Hope that helps
    Sarah

I’ve had PF for two months now, mostly too painful to run. I’ve read all the usual advice regarding stretching, icing, massage etc but the truth is that it’s no better now than in the beginning. Also tried orthotics and have seen a physio.
    It’s been a bit of a bugger, but what I’m wondering is, are there some people who just don’t recover to the point where they can run again? Does anyone know anyone this has happened to?

Quote Originally Posted by Duff View Post
    I’ve had PF for two months now, mostly too painful to run. I’ve read all the usual advice regarding stretching, icing, massage etc but the truth is that it’s no better now than in the beginning. Also tried orthotics and have seen a physio.
    It’s been a bit of a bugger, but what I’m wondering is, are there some people who just don’t recover to the point where they can run again? Does anyone know anyone this has happened to?
    Duff, just be patient and don't waste money on it, time is the deciding factor. Mine took more than two months, it eventually vanished without trace! Yiannis