Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Plantar Fasciitis

Feet in the Cowclaps

Re: Planter Fasciitis

All the best with your recovery Oxo.

Thanks Oxo. 7 months out must have been heartbreaking. Hope it goes well.
    I thought I had got rid of my PF but yesterday the familiar ache re-appeared when I got up in the morning. If it persists, i think I will just bite the bullet and get the injection.

Good luck with your recovery. Hopefully with an injury free season you'll return as the class runner you were before.

Welcome back Oxo Cube! Hope your recovery goes well.

I need some advice, I have just run pbs at 10K and 10 miles, so everything appears to be going well. 2 weeks ago I had a week in the Lakes and did some amazing running and walking (about 110 miles in the week). since my return I have been niggled by PF, nothing bad and I am still running and racing but am mindful of how hard this can be to get rid of.

I am sure the PF stems from the amount of hill work I did in the lakes and hope that with some good stretching and strengthening exercises I can get rid of it early. Do you think this is realistic?

Any advice on what to do and when to stop would be a help.

Cheers
    Smile on the way up, scream on the way down!

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Ankles View Post
    Welcome back Oxo Cube! Hope your recovery goes well.

I need some advice, I have just run pbs at 10K and 10 miles, so everything appears to be going well. 2 weeks ago I had a week in the Lakes and did some amazing running and walking (about 110 miles in the week). since my return I have been niggled by PF, nothing bad and I am still running and racing but am mindful of how hard this can be to get rid of.

I am sure the PF stems from the amount of hill work I did in the lakes and hope that with some good stretching and strengthening exercises I can get rid of it early. Do you think this is realistic?

Any advice on what to do and when to stop would be a help.

Cheers
    Don't take any risks. I would advise you to stop racing if it is sore when you run or sore when you get up in the morning. Mine started out as being sore to touch only when I was in Europe doing a lot more climbing. I raced the 9 mile Uphill only Grossglockner race a couple of days after it first got sore. After that it hurt a fair bit. I got through a week of low mileage hobbling. Didn't want to pull out of a race the next week I had entered so ran that also. After that race it was too late. I had caused too much damage and got in to a bad cycle of scar tissue forming, breaking up and causing more inflammation and forming again etc etc. 7 months and a hell of a lot of money and heartache later I can finally run again. Although it was disastrously slow and hard at my fitness I managed to run an hour today for the first time in them 7 months. I've only been running a week. It seems like I missed a lifetime. Take it easy. See a good physio now and get it knocked on the head.

Andy

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Oxo Cube View Post
    Don't take any risks. I would advise you to stop racing if it is sore when you run or sore when you get up in the morning. Mine started out as being sore to touch only when I was in Europe doing a lot more climbing. I raced the 9 mile Uphill only Grossglockner race a couple of days after it first got sore. After that it hurt a fair bit. I got through a week of low mileage hobbling. Didn't want to pull out of a race the next week I had entered so ran that also. After that race it was too late. I had caused too much damage and got in to a bad cycle of scar tissue forming, breaking up and causing more inflammation and forming again etc etc. 7 months and a hell of a lot of money and heartache later I can finally run again. Although it was disastrously slow and hard at my fitness I managed to run an hour today for the first time in them 7 months. I've only been running a week. It seems like I missed a lifetime. Take it easy. See a good physio now and get it knocked on the head.

Andy
    wise words oxo mate
    good luck on the comeback

Glad to hear you're on the mend Oxo - good luck on returning to full fitness soon.

P.S.
    Don't suppose you'll enter a race before you're fit so we all get a chance to beat you for a change? ;-)

I am considering the Harlech Triathlon early April for a bit of fun if anywone wants to take me on there :-) Might have a trot around something else in April but it would be foolish to race before then or even do a session. I need to get back up to a decent mileage knowing my foot can handle that first.

Re: Denise if you are having problems don't be put off by everyone saying her waiting list is long and you can't get in to see her. I know for a fact she has had a couple of free slots come up of late. Best of luck anyone else with the PF. It was a real bugger!

Banned

I am considering the Harlech Triathlon early April for a bit of fun if anywone wants to take me on there :-) Might have a trot around something else in April but it would be foolish to race before then or even do a session. I need to get back up to a decent mileage knowing my foot can handle that first.

Good to know your on the mend Oxo but take note of your own words and don't rush back too soon.

Old fat slow and bald, I know a thing or two

Thanks for the advice Oxo, have had a week off now and seen physio..... there is just a faint ache in the heel as i get out of bed in a morning. Am tempted to start again but will wait as long as I can.... still hopeful of doing Edale but worry it may wreck it?

Doing a bit of swimming and a lot of beer drinking! Is this common?
    Smile on the way up, scream on the way down!

Andy

wow.... this doesn't sound like the Mr Norman i know......... good luck with it all.