Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Plantar Fasciitis

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Re: Plantar Facithingy

Have just read the Orthotic thread 4 down. Unless anyone has anything extra to add will read that.

Feet in the Cowclaps

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post

I suspect this has been a previous thread
    Yes here.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

Heres a question ,why has PF become one of the most common running injuries ?

ive had it since july . hurts in morning but goes off during day . bit cruel , because the minute you think its going it comes back with a vengence . £ 200 custom insoles are my next solution ( tried off the shelf , worked but didnt cure it completely ) buy a racing bike to keep fitness up . havent tried injections , apparently very painfull , but will go there as last resort . very annoying so many things i want to do .thinking of entering races , and iboprufening them !!!

I have started experiencing what I believe is Plantar fasciitis, pain is in my right arch and heel and starting to creep up my ankle. Its come out of the blue though I have started road mileage after mainly off road work and repeated inury - back, knee's etc and have been using a favourite pair of old trainers which I have now binned. I am in 43 and around 11.4lb and 6ft (I know this is starting to sound like a personal column ad).

I have rested it for a week and it is no better, pain is not unbearable but running, walking and long driving journeys aggravate it and give the impression it is making it worse and given the injury time I had had I don't want to cause more damage. I have been using ice, support bandages and have just started stretching the foot and calf muscles. Any one had experience of shoe inserts and can you suggest an over the counter one that may help?

I suspect this has been a previous thread but does anyone have any tips, tricks etc.
    if driving it makes it worse then i would strongly suggest someone look at your back. 60% of the PF i see is nerve related, if you irritate the nerve it can either send pain to your heel or send inflamatory changes to the tissue it innervates. is your calf / hamstring tight on the same side?

I have started experiencing what I believe is Plantar fasciitis, pain is in my right arch and heel and starting to creep up my ankle.
    Doesn't really sound like typical PF to me (localised pain under the arch of the foot in front of the heel bone, morning tenderness). It would be worth seeing someone about it before you go treating (or possibly mistreating) it yourself.

Tim

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

[quote=runningfool;78055]Doesn't really sound like typical PF to me (localised pain under the arch of the foot in front of the heel bone, morning tenderness). It would be worth seeing someone about it before you go treating (or possibly mistreating) it yourself.

After reading up a bit more , I would agree, the pain is not worse in the morning and is tending to feel like a weakness in the inside and at the top of my arch and lower ankle. Stretches recomended for PF do seem to help and I can feel the ache in the PF muscle when doing this, ice seems to bring out a tender swelling over the heel end of the arch and a serious ache and it feels as if bruising is coming out though one has not materialised . As I have had so many problems of late related to my biomechanics, this may just be the latest. I shall book another physio appointment - I have all my salary converted into a standing order for his account anyway .

you may be better off seeing a podiatrist, to find the problem, as with a physio who helps mend the problem (when the injury is known). i had pf, running only a few miles when i started this nutty sport hurt like hell in the mornings, to now 2 years on and doing 50 miles a week with no pain. my insoles only cost 32 quid from the pod and work like a dream. ice, pain killers, frozen bottle of water on foot etc, did nothing for it.
    Short arms and deep pockets. A yorkshire man.

Feet in the Cowclaps

Re: Planter Fasciitis

Quote Originally Posted by runningfool View Post
    I've been undergoing "periosteal pecking" or "peppering the dragon" which is *so* painful I'm convinced it's got to be working.
    What does this involve runningfool?

I've been injured with this for a month now.

Re: Planter Fasciitis

I started getting this last year and I'd heard that if you scrunch your feet up as if you're making a fist with your foot it helps. I did this till I had violent cramp in my feet. Two things: I got used to the cramp pain; it helped. Changing my shoes helped too.
    "I am not a number! I am a free man!"