Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Plantar Fasciitis

Feet in the Cowclaps

Re: Plantar Fasciitis

Woah! Good news!

I'm getting some orthotics next week. One pair for everyday shoes and one for running shoes. Let's hope they do the trick. I'll have to buy some neutral road shoes though, as I've only got ones for pronation/motion control (Mizuno wave Alchemy 7 were the last pair I got).

Talking Re: Plantar Fasciitis

[QUOTE=Oxo Cube;107402]I'm hoping it will be a thing of the past soon. Mine has been getting loads better recently. High arch orthotics is what is doing it for me. I tried them about 6 months ago and they helped but caused pains elsewhere so I took them out. Was racing for a while but then it went much worse than ever. This time the orthotics haven't caused any other problems and I wear them all the time walking or running or just going out for a beer. Running every day at the moment probably about 45 - 50 miles per week. Its slow and i'm a stone heavier than I was at my peak but i'm growing in confidence that i'll race properly again :-)[/QUOTE

Does a lot for my confidence that Andy, you running slow, you still flew past me on the canal the other day !!
    Think I need a Swaetshop Training Schedule ?

Quote Originally Posted by Feet in the Cowclaps View Post
    Woah! Good news!

I'm getting some orthotics next week. One pair for everyday shoes and one for running shoes. Let's hope they do the trick. I'll have to buy some neutral road shoes though, as I've only got ones for pronation/motion control (Mizuno wave Alchemy 7 were the last pair I got).
    Not always the case FITC. Many people wear orthotics in support shoes. I wear mine in a mild support shoe. The best way to know is ask your podiatrist who should know what type of shoe he / she made them for. However some podiatrists don't seem to know so much about shoe technology anyway. If the podiatrist didn't make a recommendation feel free to bring them up to us at Sweatshop in Hyde and i'll take a look.

Freddie I guess my steady running varies between very slow and my old steady run pace which I guess is at and decent pace but the problem is I can't do sessions. The sub 6 minute mile stuff is what gives me set backs because I get on my toes more and theres more pounding also.

:-)

Andy

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Oxo Cube View Post
    Not always the case FITC. Many people wear orthotics in support shoes. I wear mine in a mild support shoe. The best way to know is ask your podiatrist who should know what type of shoe he / she made them for. However some podiatrists don't seem to know so much about shoe technology anyway. If the podiatrist didn't make a recommendation feel free to bring them up to us at Sweatshop in Hyde and i'll take a look.

Freddie I guess my steady running varies between very slow and my old steady run pace which I guess is at and decent pace but the problem is I can't do sessions. The sub 6 minute mile stuff is what gives me set backs because I get on my toes more and theres more pounding also.

:-)

Andy
    Andy how much slower are you with an extra stone on you?By how much has your min/mile pace dropped?

I could probaby get around a 10k in around 33:30 right now. A combination of the fact i've not done a session in long time and the extra weight. The extra weight probably slows me at the moment but my body might adapt.. or maybe i'll lose the weight again if I stay off the beer!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Oxo Cube View Post
    I could probaby get around a 10k in around 33:30 right now. A combination of the fact i've not done a session in long time and the extra weight. The extra weight probably slows me at the moment but my body might adapt.. or maybe i'll lose the weight again if I stay off the beer!
    Thanks for that Andy, interesting.

I've had PF before (Ouch!), try this little trick to speed up recovery process:-
    Get a hard/solid rubber ball (type that dogs chew or a golfball)and roll the sole of your damaged foot over it with as much pressure as you can bear - every evening before sleep or often as can.
    The idea is to break up the scar tissue & stimulate bloodflow.
    It hurts like Hell, but it worked for me (no pain/no gain!)...good luck.

Feet in the Cowclaps

I'm starting shockwave therapy next week. Let's hope it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Feet in the Cowclaps View Post
    I'm starting shockwave therapy next week. Let's hope it works.
    FITC have you had the treatment yet? How was it?

I have struggled with PF for over a year now, I think I may have beaten it this time. Had 3 months rest, not ran a step, just swimming and a bit of cycling. Have been working on drills that shorten my stride length and speed up cadence.

Did a week of drills/short barefoot jogging whilst on hols in Cornwall on the beach. Since then have done similar barefoot stuff on grass. Now able to get out on the roads/fells up to 3 miles at a time.

The shorter stride means more weight on my calves, which are really tired!! but I hope this will wear off as they strengthen.

Horrible injury

GA
    Smile on the way up, scream on the way down!

Feet in the Cowclaps

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Ankles View Post
    FITC have you had the treatment yet? How was it?
    I went yesterday. It was painful, so it must have done some good. The physio is basically throwing everything at it - he followed the shockwave gun with 20 minutes' TENS electronic stimulation with a thing like this and then 15 minutes on another machine. Inbetween sessions I've got to do lots of calf stretching and the rolly ball thing that tonyvortex describes above.

It's encouraging to see that you're getting over it. I can't wait to be posting something similar, as, I agree, it's horrible and I've never known anything as hard to shift.