Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Plantar Fasciitis

Re: Plantar Fasciitis

mines got much better recently , ive been doing the stretches ect , but i think its just time thats healing it , decided not to run in 2008 , been doing it for 20 years so time for a change . been cycling , and joined the gym ( and no weight gained , and i feel just as fit }. been waiting for 3 months now for an appointment at hospital for orthotics , at this rate it will be better !

plantar f injection ?

anyone had one ? got to have one soon , does it hurt as much as ive heard , when my doctor says it will be " uncomfortable " , i guess it does .

Re: plantar f injection ?

I've not had one but know someone who had one - it was very sore!

Re: plantar f injection ?

had injection today , it hurt , but was bearable .

I'm joining this thread as I'm pretty sure I've got/ am developing pf in my left foot. It's niggled for a while, but been getting worse since an ankle sprain which has tightened up the area and (I think) put more pressure on the arch.
    Having limped round the 3 Peaks yesterday, I'm hobbling again and feel I should now do something before I do myself any more of a mischief. Reading some of the accounts of the terrible times and frustrations endured by many of you is scary. But the fact that I could manage the 3Ps at all perhaps shows that I've not got pf that severely - yet.
    I've been out this morning and bought myself some superfeet greens. I intend to wear them in all my shoes, and not to run again until pain free, building up gradually. What kind of stretches are useful alongside this regime? And is there anything else that any of you who have recovered from pf could suggest?

ive had it since last july , had niggle and bit of pain just before snowdon race , done it and was hobbling the next day , havent been for a run since . had physio and done stretching and it cleared up considerably . just had cortisone injection to try and finally clear it , hurts like hell at the minute , but doc said it would take a week to work , fingers crossed . superfeet green are the best insoles . kept fit by cycling and going to gym .

Thanks lilactime, I've read your postings. Sounds like a very long haul...hope you're near the end of it.
    Any particular stretching techniques? Or just grab hold of your toes and pull back hard till you whimper?

the usual hamstring stretch pushing against a wall one knee close to wall .( the stretch you see everyone doing before a race ) but best one is putting your foot against a wall at a 45 degrree angle and pusing hard on your toes , this actually stretches the plantar , offers instant relief , ice pack is good as well at offering instant relief especially after work . and not forgetting the golfball .

Thanks. I have a golf ball teed up and ready.

Quote Originally Posted by lilactime View Post
    superfeet green are the best insoles
    I'd say to orange insoles are just as good if not better. Might be wrong but I think they are a newer version of the greens, very slightly different arch support and more cushioning under the ball of the foot. I had PF for about 3 months but huge improvement within 3 or 4 days of using the insoles. I know insoles / orthotics don't work for everyone but they certainly helped me.