Page 105 of 152 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1514

Thread: High Peak Marathon

Re: High Peak Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I can Vouch for Stolly, solid runner, just don't let him go off too fast....!
    Well not having heard anything back from moogiej, I'm assuming his place is gone.... and I'm blaming you totally for that Ian for inferring that I go off too fast . What actually happened in 2010 is that me and Gary Clifton were paired up with two runners who decided that the 'team' should start off by sprinting to the top of Hollins Cross and then insisted on maintaining that sprint all the way to Moscar. Needless to say I'd have preferred to have not opted for the 10 mile sprint start....

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Well not having heard anything back from moogiej, I'm assuming his place is gone.... and I'm blaming you totally for that Ian for inferring that I go off too fast . What actually happened in 2010 is that me and Gary Clifton were paired up with two runners who decided that the 'team' should start off by sprinting to the top of Hollins Cross and then insisted on maintaining that sprint all the way to Moscar. Needless to say I'd have preferred to have not opted for the 10 mile sprint start....
    ...older and wiser....

...older and wiser....
    Actually looking at the start list Kevin is running with son Adam who was on my team that year. another fast team

Looking at the names in the teams there are a lot of fasr/strong teams this year. if conditions are good I'd expect 5-6 teams to go sub 10.

closest racing I think will be the mixed, expect top 3 to finish within minutes of each other.

Hey! Apologies! not on all time ;P

The 4th member is giving me his definite answer on monday/tuesday next week. He is currently working abroad and back monday. The problem was a course he has to go on clashing, however will know for deffo middle of next week.

Stolly, trust me sprinting is the last thing on our minds! slow n steady is our motto! we have found that if we push too far, walkers slowly over take us chuckling at the fact we ran past them half hour earlier (fellsman '11 was like this). We are looking at finishing with all 4 members first and time being an added bonus. But I suppose a lot will depend on weather that night.

Me and the 'neebie to fells' are off tomorrow night (though might move to evening) to do the bleaklow middle section (17 mile). looking at the photos iandarkpeak has put on it looks like it may be a lot of fun! lol. But curious to see the new path they are looking at laying. always a tricky part when no visibility and snow up there! Although the sandwiches at snake pass have been some of the most delicious i have ever had!

Will let you know about place as soon as I hear. Will let you know the fun of tomorrow too!

I too am looking for team who may have a member short. Completed in 12.15 in 2010 and 10.35 in 2011. Our team didn't get an entry this year. It's such a great event and i'm keen to be part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by moogiej View Post
    Hey! Apologies! not on all time ;P

The 4th member is giving me his definite answer on monday/tuesday next week. He is currently working abroad and back monday. The problem was a course he has to go on clashing, however will know for deffo middle of next week.

Stolly, trust me sprinting is the last thing on our minds! slow n steady is our motto! we have found that if we push too far, walkers slowly over take us chuckling at the fact we ran past them half hour earlier (fellsman '11 was like this). We are looking at finishing with all 4 members first and time being an added bonus. But I suppose a lot will depend on weather that night.

Me and the 'neebie to fells' are off tomorrow night (though might move to evening) to do the bleaklow middle section (17 mile). looking at the photos iandarkpeak has put on it looks like it may be a lot of fun! lol. But curious to see the new path they are looking at laying. always a tricky part when no visibility and snow up there! Although the sandwiches at snake pass have been some of the most delicious i have ever had!

Will let you know about place as soon as I hear. Will let you know the fun of tomorrow too!
    go steady and wrap up well, forcast is for wind and snow late tomorrow so all paths may be gone making for a long hard 17 miles, I'd rather not be out searching in the night with a race on Sunday have fun

go steady and wrap up well, forcast is for wind and snow late tomorrow so all paths may be gone making for a long hard 17 miles, I'd rather not be out searching in the night with a race on Sunday have fun
    looking at weather we are reversing the route. Getting dropped off at snakepass and then heading back to cutthroat. The thought of being snowed in at snake pass at the end of 17mile wasnt good. lol.

have fun at the race!

looking at weather we are reversing the route. Getting dropped off at snakepass and then heading back to cutthroat. The thought of being snowed in at snake pass at the end of 17mile wasnt good. lol.

have fun at the race!
    I was on Marg hill this morning and with windchill it was easily-10C, snowing now so expect paths to be filled in.

I was on Marg hill this morning and with windchill it was easily-10C, snowing now so expect paths to be filled in.
    Well plans were changed! a57 shut so we couldnt get up there, so stopped at fox hound for a plan, roads were a bit trechorous so we decided not to risk travelling into edale. left car at pub and ran off on a nice little route to resevoir and stanage. The weather was foul! lol. running into was fun. we cut the distance short and headed back.

trying to get the car up the hill was fun! pushing it! but got back ok.

Did you get any call outs then? We saw quite a few cars bumping and the people in the pub said there had been 4 crashes or knocks! :S

But snow makes it fun to run!

Well plans were changed! a57 shut so we couldnt get up there, so stopped at fox hound for a plan, roads were a bit trechorous so we decided not to risk travelling into edale. left car at pub and ran off on a nice little route to resevoir and stanage. The weather was foul! lol. running into was fun. we cut the distance short and headed back.

trying to get the car up the hill was fun! pushing it! but got back ok.

Did you get any call outs then? We saw quite a few cars bumping and the people in the pub said there had been 4 crashes or knocks! :S

But snow makes it fun to run!
    Yes there was an all nighter evacuating 3 from Bleaklow stones, I had this awful feeling it might have been you...
    we had friends round last night and I'd drunk too much to drive but doubt if I could have got the car out any way.
    Been on Howden Edge this morning really hard work, deep drifts and no trods(apart from the one we put down)