Page 142 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1514

Thread: High Peak Marathon

I'll let you know early morning about 9ish if I am coming. My number is 07809671404.

Currently planning a recce from Cutthroat Bridge to Snake Pass (18 mls of lovely bog) on Sat 6th Feb, if anybody is interested in joining up. Meet at Snake Pass @ 9.30am and then drive to CB (or see you there at CB at ~9.45). I have space in my car to take an additional 3-4 people from Snake (it will be a bit cramped for 2 people, my 7 seater is not huge). Let me know if interested.
    Totley AC

Mark I'd join you if it didn't clash with Rombald's Stride. Adnan, I've texted you.

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    Mark I'd join you if it didn't clash with Rombald's Stride. Adnan, I've texted you.
    Thanks Nick. Hope you had a good run, sorry had to miss out. We are planning on a 13/14 feb weekend and if I am free on 6th too I'll let you know Mark.

_|_
    ./\.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Having done the HPM at least 5 times Britnick I'd recommend that the Edale to Cutthroat bit really doesn't need receeing (apart from maybe the descent from Win Hill). The bit that you can't recce enough is Cutthroat to Snake - unbelievable up there
    Not sure what you mean, it's like a local park run isn't it..

I'll be doing some long reccies over the next week happy to share transport between 2 points

Quote Originally Posted by Adnan Khan View Post
    Thanks Nick. Hope you had a good run, sorry had to miss out. We are planning on a 13/14 feb weekend and if I am free on 6th too I'll let you know Mark.
    Might join you for 14th or 15th

That 13/14 Feb weekend is going to be busy. We'll be up there as well.

Adnan, the recce was good. It took me 3:11 to reach Cutthroat Bridge and another 2:17 to get back to Edale. I don't recommend taking the A57 from Cutthroat Bridge to Ladybower on foot because there's no runnable verge so you have to stumble on dead undergrowth, which crinkles and crumples with plastic, hidden or not. The litter is horrendous.

Amazingly enough it's the first time I've ever been up on Stanage Edge to Moscar and seen all those abandoned mill stones. Look out for the one facing you with the face drawn on.

There's a potentially useful circular recce route from Kings Tree to Slippery Stones then Cut Gate and all the way to Bleaklow Head and then back via 'The Swamp', Ravens Clough and Black Dike. Is this madness? Is the two car option (Cutthroat and Snake Top) better?

Quote Originally Posted by One-eyed Wonder View Post
    There's a potentially useful circular recce route from Kings Tree to Slippery Stones then Cut Gate and all the way to Bleaklow Head and then back via 'The Swamp', Ravens Clough and Black Dike. Is this madness? Is the two car option (Cutthroat and Snake Top) better?
    I've done fairholms up abbey Brook to sheepfold then follow (now old) route to hern clough and back via swamp,Alport and West end. good trip out

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    That 13/14 Feb weekend is going to be busy. We'll be up there as well.

Adnan, the recce was good. It took me 3:11 to reach Cutthroat Bridge and another 2:17 to get back to Edale. I don't recommend taking the A57 from Cutthroat Bridge to Ladybower on foot because there's no runnable verge so you have to stumble on dead undergrowth, which crinkles and crumples with plastic, hidden or not. The litter is horrendous.

Amazingly enough it's the first time I've ever been up on Stanage Edge to Moscar and seen all those abandoned mill stones. Look out for the one facing you with the face drawn on.
    Nick from the end of Stanage(snake road)it's just road so no need to reccie cross the road and run down path from Moscar to ladybower Inn, much nicer