Page 147 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1514

Thread: High Peak Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by DinoF View Post
    I think we were just behind them; we did the same section. We nearly lost one member in a bog near Outer Edge, but eventually all made it back, wetter, colder and wiser.
    That will be the Bogmonster...beware he bites

Quote Originally Posted by barnyc View Post
    I can't open those pictures Geoff, but if they're of Bleaklow, I don't want to know! We spent 3.5 hours wandering round there on Saturday, there was indeed some 'weather'!
    Very Wet Bleaklow.jpg Try this.

And there was I thinking we were the only ones up there that day. We learned a lot and it will go like clockwork on the day. Our gear proved itself to be up to the job. We were comfortable in our cocoons all day. My suffering only started when we got in the car at Snake summit (after the wind had nearly wrenched the door off) and both legs went into violent cramp, muscle-by-muscle, leg-by-leg. That's never happened before. I swore a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoF View Post
    I think we were just behind them; we did the same section. We nearly lost one member in a bog near Outer Edge, but eventually all made it back, wetter, colder and wiser.
    I got bogged too there. After few attempts of pulling from my team mates, bog eventually spat me out but my hands were like ..

mr__tickle_by_democomics.jpg

_|_
    ./\.

Blue skies and frozen ground over Bleaklow this morning, beautiful conditions. just under 18ks a not a soul anywhere.

one week to go! and the weatherwatch commences.... cold conditions seem to be on the cards(will this mean clear skies or fog??), could see some sleet, perhaps a bit of rain in the mix... answers on a postcard

Quote Originally Posted by barnyc View Post
    one week to go! and the weatherwatch commences.... cold conditions seem to be on the cards(will this mean clear skies or fog??), could see some sleet, perhaps a bit of rain in the mix... answers on a postcard
    I'm praying for the former. Last weekend was such a grind that I went back yesterday and did the bit from Swain's Head to the Wainstones again. It was cold, and a bit crunchy underfoot, but much more like it. Visibility counts for a lot, I hadn't noticed before but you can see Bleaklow Stones from Swain's Head. I wonder if it will be getting light [for us] about then? We'll just have to moderate our pace
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    I'm praying for the former. Last weekend was such a grind that I went back yesterday and did the bit from Swain's Head to the Wainstones again. It was cold, and a bit crunchy underfoot, but much more like it. Visibility counts for a lot, I hadn't noticed before but you can see Bleaklow Stones from Swain's Head. I wonder if it will be getting light [for us] about then? We'll just have to moderate our pace
    Nice dusting of snow over a hard frost this morning on Bleaklow.

Last run done until the day and a sub 20 crossing. doubt we'll be any where near that on the night

Took in the aircraft wreck near white stones on the way back

We are now a team member down. If anyone wants a run at 11ish hour place let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by pawa View Post
    We are now a team member down. If anyone wants a run at 11ish hour place let me know.
    Just beat me to it Paul...

Not my team by the way but does include the legendary Mikk and his beard...