Page 15 of 152 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: High Peak Marathon

Master and MR

Re: High Peak Marathon

enjoyed that , was tough going at times but found it forced me to think and use my navigation skills more.
    thanks to ian dark peak for his help and to be honest a more cheerfull a runner ive never met
    he doesnt need a torch on , just listen to him singing his way along. to find him.
    fantastic organisation and thanks to all who stood out in that horrendous weather.
    nice one
    lots of usual suspects and managed to see luvshack come in but he had a top on

Carlsberg don't do marshalls but if they did they would have to be fantastic to get anywhere near HPM ones. Every checkpoint manned in that weather and time is amazing and all pretty happy about it. Although the girls at snake were like sirens trying to entice me in and telling me that I don't have to go on!
    Well done to all the team including AJF who stepped in at the last mo only to wreck his ankle!
    Safely say that is the toughest event I have ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    enjoyed that , was tough going at times but found it forced me to think and use my navigation skills more.
    thanks to ian dark peak for his help and to be honest a more cheerfull a runner ive never met
    he doesnt need a torch on , just listen to him singing his way along. to find him.
    fantastic organisation and thanks to all who stood out in that horrendous weather.
    nice one
    lots of usual suspects and managed to see luvshack come in but he had a top on
    Cheers Daz, That made me giggle

It was good to be able to run along side you and Andy for so long.
    Daz if you hadn't worked it out from his above post Plum bum was the runner taking picture just before mill hill

At one point some where over Outeredge Defo the worst bit for me, (I was glad of the local knowledge) fully water proofed up in the mist and rain and some one comes up be hind me and asked if I was IDP, how did he know it was me??? I was definately not singing then.

Quote Originally Posted by Potto View Post
    Carlsberg don't do marshalls but if they did they would have to be fantastic to get anywhere near HPM ones. Every checkpoint manned in that weather and time is amazing and all pretty happy about it. Although the girls at snake were like sirens trying to entice me in and telling me that I don't have to go on!
    Well done to all the team including AJF who stepped in at the last mo only to wreck his ankle!
    Absolutly Potto, I've done my fair share of marshalling but they were Brilliant. Esp the ones at Swaines Head as we had to hang around there for a while, (sorry team) they maqde me a cup of tea and the pizza was excellent. never seen so many pretty marshals, it was hard to leave some of the checkpoints.

Potto was I talking to you before the race when you said you were waiting for someone to come down on the Train from Leeds

Weather was bad enough down in Hadfield last night!

Any results anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Potto was I talking to you before the race when you said you were waiting for someone to come down on the Train from Leeds
    Yes. Not sure who you are still though??
    I accosted a few people asking them if they were Anthony.

He did show eventually, but trying to get a team together for this was a nightmare

George

This sounds absolutely marvellous!!! Mega admiration for you nutters wot did it!

Ankle truly f*cked. No running for me for some time I reckon. Already turned black and swollen all the way round. Looks like I have had an elephants ankle transplanted on there.

Hope to be back in a month or so.

Sorry to team potto for slowing them once I knackered my ankle.

Quite jealous watching the first runners come in from the ridge. Really wanted to finish this one but I guess the ability to walk is quite essential.

Only results I know are Montrail/Vasquez teams 1 and 2. Mark Hartnells team 1st. North Face 6th I think?

Yes. Not sure who you are still though??
    I accosted a few people asking them if they were Anthony.

He did show eventually, but trying to get a team together for this was a nightmare
    And did you know that one of the names I suggested to you was roped into the winning team on Friday afternoon (Well done MarkR)? Not that AJF was a bad choice.
    Last edited by Marvin; 09-03-2008 at 09:31 AM.

That was some event. So many bogs, lying there waiting to swallow you up. Sooooo cold up at Cut Gate, hypothermia starting to set in - was I glad when the rain started to ease off. So far - GPS (sealed in an envelope) registered 43.3 miles. And then there was the Pied Piper heading a (not so) merry throng of us through the bogs (fortunately not over a cliff) - thanks very much IDP.

Well done to the Nuns. We were very pleased to finish in under 12 hours.