Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 calder valley round

Re: 2011 calder valley round

Well done, Mr Brunt. That's an impressive time over wet ground. You should be able to knock the record out of sight when it dries up!

Went round the CVR this morning (one lap, anti-clockwise).
    Ideal weather, but wet and slippery under foot. Legs gave up on me for last 20mins-never knew it could be so hard running along a canal tow path!
    Splits: Old mill 28mins, Gibson Mill 47mins, Straups Mill 1:26, St. Pike 2:02, track junc 2:21, Park Cotts 2:34, Finish 2:41:53

Spookster

That's still a very good time though Spookster. I think I will wait until it dries up a bit before I have another go !

Hello there, 'tis my first post on here so I'd best introduce myself. I belong to running club Saffron Striders and tri club WaldenTri down south but me Mum lives just 5mins from the start of this run. I was visiting this weekend so I had a run round on Sunday morning. First of all, a big thank-you to the author of the concise accurate directions. I'm not that fluent at following written routes, but I got round with plenty of pausing to read (I need to practice lots as my main event for this year is the 3 peaks yacht race). Conditions were soggy and my directions (which I'd neglected to laminate) only just survived the rain! T'was a great run though, one I hope to repeat a few times over the next few months, whenever I'm up to visit t'family. Here are the results for my first time round, then:

Old town mill 35, Gibson mill 1-00, Staups mill 2-02, Stoodley Pike 2-52, track junction 3-20, Park cottage 3-35, White Lion finish 3-45.

cheers
    Andy
    Last edited by Andy916; 18-02-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Hi this route looks really good so would like to have a go in the next few weeks. Is any body planning a gentle plod around and wouldnt mind if i tagged along as my nav skills probably are'nt the best. I work shifts so could manage a weekday morning if easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy916 View Post
    Hello there, 'tis my first post on here so I'd best introduce myself. I belong to running club Saffron Striders and tri club WaldenTri down south but me Mum lives just 5mins from the start of this run. I was visiting this weekend so I had a run round on Sunday morning. First of all, a big thank-you to the author of the concise accurate directions. I'm not that fluent at following written routes, but I got round with plenty of pausing to read (I need to practice lots as my main event for this year is the 3 peaks yacht race). Conditions were soggy and my directions (which I'd neglected to laminate) only just survived the rain! T'was a great run though, one I hope to repeat a few times over the next few months, whenever I'm up to visit t'family. Here are the results for my first time round, then:

Old town mill 35, Gibson mill 1-00, Staups mill 2-02, Stoodley Pike 2-52, track junction 3-20, Park cottage 3-35, White Lion finish 3-45.

cheers
    Andy
    Well done Andy, now you know the route I am sure you'll will be able to knock loads of time off. There are a couple of tricky sections so I am pleased to hear you found the way OK. If you look at the results for 2010 via the CVR web page it will give you an idea of times.

Quote Originally Posted by martmason View Post
    Hi this route looks really good so would like to have a go in the next few weeks. Is any body planning a gentle plod around and wouldnt mind if i tagged along as my nav skills probably are'nt the best. I work shifts so could manage a weekday morning if easier.
    I think Idle AC may go round it again as 3 peaks training - Good Friday (that's 22/4) might be a possibility for that if you are free then. Or if you want to go round before then I sometimes use it as a mid week training run (preferably a Tuesday) - PM with any dates you had in mind.
    Last edited by MOUNTAIN MAN; 18-02-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Had a portly jog round today. My first outing post virus, (Mrs doesn't know I went, best keep it that way). 3:20. Old town mill 35, Gibson mill 52, Staups mill 1:42, Stoodley Pike 2-29, track junction 2:54, Park cottage 3-09, White Lion finish 3-20.
    The track junction & Park cottage times are approx as I had no pencil and could only remember the first few.
    It was grim on the way up to Stoodley and the clag was well and truly down.

Thanks MM I will pencil the idle AC date in diary, thanks for the offer of joining yr mid week run, I am looking to step up to longer distances so am.not sure how I would fair and don't wan to ruin yr own training time. I am however doing the noonstones next week so could use that time as a guide. Thanks again for the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAIN MAN View Post
    Well done Andy, now you know the route I am sure you'll will be able to knock loads of time off.
    Thanks; I might have another crack next weekend (end of month) as I'll be up again and I like to make the most of the hills. Problem with living down here is not enough proper hills!