Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2011 Inter-Counties?

Re: 2011 Inter-Counties?

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I have sympathy with that view, but there are wider issues - there's a championship race on and there's a suggestion that his presence may have interfered with the front end of the race.
    But at the end of the day how can you stop someone running without a number...
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    There'd be no need if the FRA distance limits weren't so stupid. Old enough to die for your country but not old enough to run over 6 miles.
    Good on the lad- showed em a thing or two
    Rules is rules Tom and one should respect them.

The course is there before and after the race if you choose to challenge yourself.

PS He showem em NOWT because he kept cutting climbs out. Good job the lads at the front were awake and didn't follow the numpty.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scott baistow 93 View Post
    But at the end of the day how can you stop someone running without a number...
    Lengthy ban.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Rules is rules Tom and one should respect them.

The course is there before and after the race if you choose to challenge yourself.

PS He showem em NOWT because he kept cutting climbs out. Good job the lads at the front were awake and didn't follow the numpty.
    Haha what a tit, was gonna wind mounsey up as well until I learnt that
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

2011 Inter-Counties Photos

Some race photos on woodentops.org.uk

Master

Re: 2011 Inter-Counties Photos

Just picked up a copy of last weeks Athletics weekly. Although there is a report of the inter Counties fell running champs in the results section there is no other mention at all of this event within the magazine, despite the editorial talking about the track and field inter counties which were held last week as well. It does seem sad that Fell is held in such low regard by those in the athletics media, a view I find shared also at my club in Nottingham, fell just doesnt seem to 'cut the mustard' for what ever reason. I personally thought this was a graet event and despite Nottinghamshire comming well down the pecking order it was an honour to get a county vest.

Re: 2011 Inter-Counties Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    Just picked up a copy of last weeks Athletics weekly. Although there is a report of the inter Counties fell running champs in the results section there is no other mention at all of this event within the magazine, despite the editorial talking about the track and field inter counties which were held last week as well. It does seem sad that Fell is held in such low regard by those in the athletics media, a view I find shared also at my club in Nottingham, fell just doesnt seem to 'cut the mustard' for what ever reason. I personally thought this was a graet event and despite Nottinghamshire comming well down the pecking order it was an honour to get a county vest.
    Those who regularly get AW will see that they do feature fell from time to time. I agree it would have been nice to see a feature, but someone would have to submit something for them to be able to give coverage.

Perhaps submit something and see what they say?