Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarrett Jaunt

Jarrett Jaunt handicap

SAT. FEB 6. JARRETT JAUNT - HANDICAP EVENT (R). AS. 1.00 p.m. 4.5m/1500'. Venue: Wath Brow Bridge, West Cumbria. GR NY031144. £3.00, on day. LK/PM. Over 16. Records: R. Lightfoot, 32.05, 2008; f. L. Park, 37.36, 2007. Juniors: U10/U12/U14 races from 12 noon. Refreshments included. No toilets. Details: Harry Jarrett, Fair-field, 1 Chapel Street, Bigrigg, Egremont, CA22 2UU. Tel: 01946 811727. Email: [email protected].

Anyone got a route description for this please? Assume the handicap system is category related...if not do we need a recent race time?

I'm off to a formal party on friday and this will give me an excuse to drink lightly, talk politely and leave early.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Re: Jarrett Jaunt handicap

Only done this once a few years ago and then it went over Flat fell and Dent fell, dont know if its still the same route. The handicap was performance related not by category then but as it was almost exclusively a CFR race it wasnt to hard for Harry to work it out. I am sure he would be open to a bribe if you fancy a favourable handicap

There was a pretty good turnout from other teams at Blake so we'll see, free tea too which was nice.

Harry's Jaunt used to be a CFR club race which wasnt in the Calendar but now it is in the Calendar so i am sure entries from other clubs will be welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Anyone got a route description for this please? Assume the handicap system is category related...if not do we need a recent race time?
    It starts at the bottom of Nannycatch road and then heads up the road until you can break up onto Flat fell, off that to the NE, then along a good track past Nannycatch gate and then up the path to Dent. A fast descent off Dent (on Private land so you can't practice this last bit). Its a great fun race - very well flagged if I remember, and very socialable going up Dent as thats where the handicapping starts to unfold - you may even get a good display of climbing skills from the local stars as they zoom past you. Just tell Harry your result from Blake fell & that'll be as good info as he'll need to set your start time. Me - I'm desperately trying to resist doing this as my calf muscle is only just recovering from a strain I picked up over Christmas... but its very very tempting.

Looking forward to this one myself, it'l be my first proper race.
    I have a fair idea of the route, and am realy looking forward to it.

Tomsdad
    Someone has to bring up the rear

Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    It starts at the bottom of Nannycatch road and then heads up the road until you can break up onto Flat fell, off that to the NE, then along a good track past Nannycatch gate and then up the path to Dent. A fast descent off Dent (on Private land so you can't practice this last bit). Its a great fun race - very well flagged if I remember, and very socialable going up Dent as thats where the handicapping starts to unfold - you may even get a good display of climbing skills from the local stars as they zoom past you. Just tell Harry your result from Blake fell & that'll be as good info as he'll need to set your start time. Me - I'm desperately trying to resist doing this as my calf muscle is only just recovering from a strain I picked up over Christmas... but its very very tempting.
    Good route description that thanks, looks like the last descent is 820'/1m so should be interesting, unfortunately at this point the weather is looking sh!te.

Cheers CFR for the event, think i may have to negotiate an extra couple of minutes next time, the final ascent was steep as hell which played to my weaknesses and i was nowhere once i'd reached the top.

Jarrett Jaunt

Has anyone out there any experience of the Jarrett Jaunt?

Re: Jarrett Jaunt

yup. it's very boggy, great finish