Page 170 of 172 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172 LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1718

Thread: Haworth Hobble

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Haha, not in March though. I hope you’re on the mend DT
    Didn’t know about your knees. Sorry to hear that

I’m heading in the right direction thanks

It doesn't look too bad. It could be a wet start but it'll soon be gone, then it'll just be spittin' with sun in between the drops.

Well it's been chucking it down here all afternoon and evening, and somehow seems to be getting worse. Went out for a steady 4 miles on the roads though. Had to run off the ridiculous amount of food I went through in the Fleece.

Challenging weather conditions. Must've spent the first 2:15 battling into the wind, and it wasn't until the Long Causeway that it was behind us.

Talking to BritNick at the start, I boldly stated that I was after 5:30 today. Up until Todmorden it was still looking vaguely feasible... but a nasty pain in my knee was starting to develop... By the time I got to Mankinholes it had taken hold and I was struggling to jog the flat section before the climb to Stoodley Pike. What followed was an agonising hour or so attempting to get to Heptonstall and a waiting car, so I could get to the finish and retire...

Spent some of the descent into Hebden Bridge walking backwards to ease the pain. The funny thing was, on the way up to Heptonstall I thought well there's only 7 miles to go, maybe I should just carry on. But common sense took over and I sadly dropped out at Heptonstall.

I'm the first to say when I've ballsed it up... but today was just bad luck I guess... perhaps the only thing I could have maybe done was opted for some food from the Mankinholes cp, rather than going straight for the liquid refreshment.

All I can do is take the positives... despite the tough conditions, was looking at a big pb before disaster struck...

Well done everyone who got round, there was some serious determination going on around me into the hailstones and wind...

I think we saw you at Heptonstall. Orange jacket, black cap? You were with a guy in a green jacket walking up the hill into Heptonstall. Unlucky but you will live to fight another day, eh.

Mr B I’ve sent you a message and a photo on Facebook messenger if you can access it!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishbulb View Post
    I think we saw you at Heptonstall. Orange jacket, black cap? You were with a guy in a green jacket walking up the hill into Heptonstall. Unlucky but you will live to fight another day, eh.
    Yes that was me Fishbulb.... was taking an easy walk up with the mighty Steve Jones of DPFR.... ultra runner extraordinaire, did the Spine in January, and Dragons Back this year, not to mention the Spine again next year... top bloke...

Well done on getting round. Conditions were no better this morning. Pretty grim, sleet and snow, I bailed out and went to Leeds before heading back south...

Super Moderator
    Not got any better Travs; still wild, wet and winter up here

Master
    Great in the Lakes strong winds, heavy rain and snow showers
    The older I get the Faster I was