Thread: Haworth Hobble

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Haworth Hobble 2010

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    It was a good day yesterday - spectating, taking pictures and helping out at Haworth. Turbo Tom had a good fast run up to the last checkpoint with me on the bike in time for the first runners through. Thanks for your company and conversation, Tom.

I take my hat off to Brett and crew for an amazingly well organised event, considering the loss of the normal venue at such short notice.

I took some pictures for a while before returning to base for duty, where I took a few more. Conditions were abnormally good by all accounts and there were some good efforts all round. It was strange to see the action from the other side. I knew what you were all going through as you headed for the top of those stairs. Running over them is certainly more efficient than trying to cycle over.
    Nice for you to get a pic of me being last (I can often be last in fell races) - but at least this time I overtook 115 runners (okay some were walkers).
    Next week I will again start last but will this time will also finish last ... and I will be walking - will be a long day (Two Crosses).
    Last edited by GordonS; 14-03-2010 at 10:59 PM. Reason: added