Page 122 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1718

Thread: Haworth Hobble

Re: Haworth Hobble/Wuthering H

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    Must have been a bad day for losing Garmins: Mark Robinson (Protodoc) just called me from work - yes, on a Sunday - and asked me to post here, turns out he left his Garmin eTrex 30 at the school afterwards, he was sitting up near the registration desks. If anyone finds it could they PM either me or him directly? Ta.
    Well, this is unbelievable, just like Mountain Goatess I've now found my Garmin STILL CLIPPED TO THE FRONT OF MY PACK!!!
    What a numpty, must be the fatigue and the Mankinholes whiskey have done for my neurones:w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Stagger View Post
    Hope to see you at many more long distance events Sarah.........you're a natural and completely unfazed by it which is half the battle. See you soon!
    Thank you Linda, see you soon
    a rush and a push and the land is ours

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    There are a number of stock responses to an inaccurate weather forecast, and yours is a standard - "the weather forecast was accurate for somewhere else."
    Actually the forecast was for the whole of the Pennines from the Peak District up to the Dales, so included both the Haworth area and Swaledale. In unstable conditions like these, to get it spot on in any part of the area from 3 days out is either excellent forecasting, or good luck, probably a bit of both. By Friday, the predictions had become snowall day in the north, patchy rain further south, which seems to have been what we got. I'm certainly very glad I didn't ignore the forecast, my ski goggles came in very handy

Hope to make the Hobble again next year, it's one of my favourites - looking forward to an entirely accurate forecast of cold sunny weather!

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Actually the forecast was for the whole of the Pennines from the Peak District up to the Dales, so included both the Haworth area and Swaledale. In unstable conditions like these, to get it spot on in any part of the area from 3 days out is either excellent forecasting, or good luck, probably a bit of both. By Friday, the predictions had become snowall day in the north, patchy rain further south, which seems to have been what we got. I'm certainly very glad I didn't ignore the forecast, my ski goggles came in very handy

Hope to make the Hobble again next year, it's one of my favourites - looking forward to an entirely accurate forecast of cold sunny weather!
    I suspect you didn't take your goggles in response to the forecast, but probably because it looked like it might snow when you were setting out!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    I suspect you didn't take your goggles in response to the forecast, but probably because it looked like it might snow when you were setting out!
    You'd be wrong then No sign of snow in York when we set off.
    I'd have packed them if we'd been heading for the Hobble too (and as usual they'd have stayed in the sack!)

A few (indoor) photos here

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Stolly, if you returned from Hardcastle Crags via Top Withens you went a long way round. That's a cruel trick to play on an unsuspecting dog.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Stolly, if you returned from Hardcastle Crags via Top Withens you went a long way round. That's a cruel trick to play on an unsuspecting dog.
    Haha I knew I'd gone past it at some point anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Haha I knew I'd gone past it at some point anyway
    Well, you did say you were going fast in the early stages. You probably flashed past so quickly you missed it. I can recommend a more leisurely pace for sightseeing.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies