Page 151 of 172 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1718

Thread: Haworth Hobble

A cracking day for a run; well organised as usual! Thanks to Brett for the late entry, and big thanks to all the marshalls; although it must still have been chilly standing around at least it was dry! Nice to see Dan at Wirlaw.
    The hot dog went down a treat, I was well ready for that, and the Dalwhinnie was also greatfully received. Certainly helped on the climb up Stoodley
    Happy enough to get round in 5.20'ish carrying full Fellsman kit, although a little disappointed that having gone down the Fleece at the end then back up the road as Brett had instructed, to see folks coming the "old way" out of the health centre, and gaining back places that I'd taken. Hey ho, it's not that I'd have won owt, but I could have saved myself 3-4 minutes
    Last edited by alfa_scud; 13-03-2016 at 08:43 AM.

Quite agree with regard to everybody taking shortcut at end. There was even a bloke directing everybody that way and I stopped and told him not to because it was wrong. I did the correct route as well but I reckon that 90% did not. Needs to either change route so we can all take shortcut or need to make very clear in instructions next year that cannot do this (or put marshall there for an hour or two to direct).

I have a few aches this morning as had poor race. Went off quickly and led for first 3 miles but it felt comfortable as I am pretty fit at moment. However went to pieces in middle and the descents were hurting my feet so much and I practically gave up and just walked all the climbs as lost my mojo completely as too many aches.

Lovely chap called Rob picked me up and started chatting with me and as he was clearly going faster, I thought that I had better not embarrass myself so picked the pace right back up again for last 6 miles. Just over 5 hours in end.

Must admit I heard the instruction to go down to the Fleece at the end. However I was in a group of about 8 by then and they all went the short way, and I thought I'm not losing out any more places after pulling myself back together in the final couple of miles, so I did follow them. But yes standing in town after, a good 80-90% were taking the shortcut as well.

Well I finished the proper way, down the cobbled main drag and back up what felt like a 45 degree slope back up to the school

Stolly.jpg Well done Stolly, not seen you for ages!!

Another great HH. What will I remember ? hot dog checkpoint when I said can I have some mustard please. she said 'Dijon or wholegrain' classic

And a dram to go with

Quote Originally Posted by Fidaleo View Post
    Another great HH. What will I remember ? hot dog checkpoint when I said can I have some mustard please. she said 'Dijon or wholegrain' classic

Super Moderator
    You dyeing your hair now Stolly?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by alfa_scud View Post
    Happy enough to get round in 5.20'ish carrying full Fellsman kit, although a little disappointed that having gone down the Fleece at the end then back up the road as Brett had instructed, to see folks coming the "old way" out of the health centre, and gaining back places that I'd taken. Hey ho, it's not that I'd have won owt, but I could have saved myself 3-4 minutes
    I agree this needs sorting out for next year. I ran myself into the ground coming off Penistone Hill to overtake folk only to find to finish behind them at the finish because they took the short cut. For some that means loosing points in the Ultra Champs as well.

I agree the finish route needs sorting - no idea why Brett wants us to run the extra tarmac & hill - I forgot to ask him. IMHO that'll only work if he marshals it, which hardly seems worth doing.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the run - about time we had some good running weather. Shorts!

Brett's going to send me the results & I'll put them up on Runfurther.com. The kcac website is still infected with nasty malware, so my advice is to avoid it until Brett gives the all-clear. I was talking to Brett about it, & it's not the fault of kcac - their web host server keeps getting infected & the web host company doesn't seem able to resolve it - at least that's my understanding.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club