Mr Jibberish more like!!

Re: Wuthering Hike-Haworth Hob

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Mr Jibberish more like!!
    are you sure about that...

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    are you sure about that...
    I can vouch for DT's Jibberish It's why we let his team pull away in the last couple of miles

Check this out for a total scam / con....

I parked on a bit of hardstanding in the Changegate car park in Haworth during the race. There were no parking bays in the bit of hardstanding I was on. I paid my £4 to park in the car park and displayed the ticket on my car.

After the race, I come back to the car to find a wheel clamp on my car. A man comes up to me and demands £75 to release the wheelclamp. He'd clamped my car because I wasn't in a parked bay. He then points to the back of my car where there is a freshly painted white line on the flags going from the back of my car, but not underneath it. You don't need to be a brain surgeon to work out that a freshly painted white line that doesn't go underneath a car was painted after the car was parked (there was no white line when I parked the car).

Despite the police being present and seeing the evidence, the clampers had the gall to claim that the freshly painted white line (that you could rub off with your foot) had been painted the afternoon before.

So I had to hand over £75 to people for this con and there was nothing I could do about it.

It's a shame when you run in a nice event like the Wuthering Hike and have that happen to you. You get to see good and evil in close proximity.

I enjoyed the race. The community centre was a top place for post-race relaxation and labrish.

I think I did a bit better than last year, but there is some way to go to get near Matt. Thanks for the event Brett.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I can vouch for DT's Jibberish It's why we let his team pull away in the last couple of miles
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by Zlod View Post

I parked on a bit of hardstanding in the Changegate car park in Haworth during the race. There were no parking bays in the bit of hardstanding I was on. I paid my £4 to park in the car park and displayed the ticket on my car.

After the race, I come back to the car to find a wheel clamp on my car. A man comes up to me and demands £75 to release the wheelclamp. He'd clamped my car because I wasn't in a parked bay. He then points to the back of my car where there is a freshly painted white line on the flags going from the back of my car, but not underneath it. You don't need to be a brain surgeon to work out that a freshly painted white line that doesn't go underneath a car was painted after the car was parked (there was no white line when I parked the car).

Despite the police being present and seeing the evidence, the clampers had the gall to claim that the freshly painted white line (that you could rub off with your foot) had been painted the afternoon before.

So I had to hand over £75 to people for this con and there was nothing I could do about it.

It's a shame when you run in a nice event like the Wuthering Hike and have that happen to you. You get to see good and evil in close proximity.

I enjoyed the race. The community centre was a top place for post-race relaxation and labrish.

I think I did a bit better than last year, but there is some way to go to get near Matt. Thanks for the event Brett.
    Total bloody rip off merchants
    Hills and Guinness!

After the run I changed in my car and saw the two inbreds constantly checking the car park.
    I guess if you've parked in a parking bay without paying then yes I do object to subsidising, but to pay AND get clamped is absolute rubbish. Hope you're causing a riot about it with whoever at Haworth?
    My race started well, on schedule for just over 5 hours then just before Mankinholes over on of those styles, I got cramp in one calf, then t'other, then most parts of my legs. Consequently, mind said yes, energy said yes, cusp of cramp said no!! Staggered/shuffled back from then on. It was horrible knowing that the only thing holding me back was cramp. I had to watch y'all pass me from Stoodley onwards as I shuffled home. Didn't expect though to have to give way to a b****y Landrover Discovery at the top of the last climb before Penistone (Devil's something or other). Mind you I had the 4x4 on the descent to the resevoir!!
    Staggered in 6h19m, but will make amends in future.
    Many thanks Brett to you and all your helpers, really appreciated, great day out.
    Clive, Hebden Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Out of interest, I still think the pairs are the spirit of the event.
    I spoke to one of the original organisers and one of the first people to complete the event (some 35 or 40 years ago!) and we chatted about how it was always a pairs event.
    It's a great thing to see pairs running in, cos of the difficulty of finding a a similar paced partner.
    The record, from the start at the Community Centre, is still held by a pair from Clayton, from many years ago!
    Nevertheless, a cracking run from Matt!!
    Doing it in pairs is just more fun than solo!
    Its the shared experience.

Anne and I don't get to run together very often - partly because we never seem to both be injury-free at the same time, and partly because attaching our kids to stakes in the ground at the finish field while we go off for a run seems to get increasingly frowned upon in this PC-age.
    So it was great to do the Hobble together. Thanks for the event, Brett and all your helpers and marshals!

By the way, Daz H - we were running with a pair of Pennine runners in Sheddon Clough before CP3 on the Long Causeway. Just wondered if that was you.
    Anne & I (in red & white CVFR vests) took a different route to everyone else there but appeared back at almost exactly the same position, after a wee stop.
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

These 'people' are notorious:-

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05...clamping_asbo/

Having an angle grinder in your boot can be quite effective or a sneaky letting the air out of the clampers' car wheels is fairly risk free - I bet you can run faster than them - even after doing the Hobble