Page 53 of 171 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 1705

Thread: Haworth Hobble

  1. #521
    Master BritNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    1,961

    Re: Howarth Hobble 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    The litter dropping still continues to be a problem.

    Please don't drop anything
    Or stuff it into a wall like I saw someone do just after the last checkpoint last year
    I was too knackered to run after the idiot I saw do it; I pulled it out and took it to a litter bin at the finish for him.

  2. #522
    Master Antisocial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort
    Posts
    3,447

    Re: Howarth Hobble 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
    And if you want a completely different opinion, I reckon that road shoes are fine. Last time I did the Hobble I wore road shoes because I'd had knee pain when doing it in fell shoes previously and wanted the extra cushioning. There's a lot of running on hard surfaces.
    I'll probably wear road shoes again this year.

    Mind you if I had AuntySocial's cushioned NB trail shoes I'd probably wear those. But then what would he wear?
    You will see what else I will be wearing in the morning.

  3. #523
    Master Antisocial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort
    Posts
    3,447

    Re: Howarth Hobble 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
    And if you want a completely different opinion, I reckon that road shoes are fine. Last time I did the Hobble I wore road shoes because I'd had knee pain when doing it in fell shoes previously and wanted the extra cushioning. There's a lot of running on hard surfaces.
    I'll probably wear road shoes again this year.

    Mind you if I had AuntySocial's cushioned NB trail shoes I'd probably wear those. But then what would he wear?
    So you are disagreeing with me by ultimately saying you would wear the same shoes as me if you had them

  4. #524
    I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wherever you find me is where I will be
    Posts
    5,653

    Re: Howarth Hobble 2010

    Good luck all forum Hobblers tomorrow. Hope the weather's nice.
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

    http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

  5. #525
    Super Moderator Derby Tup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Worth
    Posts
    16,972

    Re: Haworth Hobble 2010

    I reckon road shoes aren't a bad choice. Worst bit would be probably on PW coming down from Stoodley Pike

    Think I'll be in Roclite 285 or more likely 315
    Poacher turned game-keeper

  6. #526
    Master BillJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Calder Valley
    Posts
    1,506

    Re: Howarth Hobble 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    So you are disagreeing with me by ultimately saying you would wear the same shoes as me if you had them
    Aha. Pedantry being next to Podiatry... or at least fairly close anyway... I'm disagreeing with your sentiment that road shoes are not good for the Hobble, but accepting that your particular trail shoes sound even better.

    So: yes I agree that I am disagreeing with you whilst ultimately agreeing with your shoe selection.

    Hope that's cleared up now.
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

  7. #527
    Master Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    you don't wanna know
    Posts
    1,881

    Re: Howarth Hobble 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
    Aha. Pedantry being next to Podiatry... or at least fairly close anyway... I'm disagreeing with your sentiment that road shoes are not good for the Hobble, but accepting that your particular trail shoes sound even better.

    So: yes I agree that I am disagreeing with you whilst ultimately agreeing with your shoe selection.

    Hope that's cleared up now.
    hmm this is about as clear as mud!
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

  8. #528
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    102

    Re: Howarth Hobble 2010

    thanks boys. top class biff btw

    after all that, i will prob wear my reasonably cushioned trail shoes, but as much because I have a knee issue, and they seem to cause it less aggro, and I'm less likely to wrench it by slipping. had i been 100%, then i would have gambolled on road shoes, only given that its been so dry.

  9. #529
    Master Antisocial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort
    Posts
    3,447

    Re: Howarth Hobble 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
    Aha. Pedantry being next to Podiatry... or at least fairly close anyway... I'm disagreeing with your sentiment that road shoes are not good for the Hobble, but accepting that your particular trail shoes sound even better.

    So: yes I agree that I am disagreeing with you whilst ultimately agreeing with your shoe selection.

    Hope that's cleared up now.
    But I never said or implied road shoes were bad for the hobble, just that i was wearing cushioned trail shoes and the reason why I chose them. So now you are disagreeing with something I never even said - you are making me sound like CL, why are you doing this to me?

  10. #530
    Master Antisocial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort
    Posts
    3,447

    Re: Howarth Hobble 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    hmm this is about as clear as mud!
    Mud, in that case fell shoes

Similar Threads

  1. Haworth Hobble recce Sunday 31
    By shaunandrachel in forum Recce
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 02:05 PM
  2. Wuthering Hike - Haworth Hobbl
    By brett in forum Car Sharing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-03-2008, 07:45 AM
  3. Wuthering Hike
    By Denzil in forum Long Distance Challenges
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 03:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •