Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Stan Bradshaw Pendle Round

Quote Originally Posted by multi coloured View Post
    I don't get the NO ENTRY ON THE DAY ??
    what's good for the Turkey Trot....
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

The updated entry list will appear on the Clayton-le-MoorsHarriers website in the next few hours.
    The organisers have decided that pre entry will now beavailable until 5.00pm Thursday 5th March. It has been furtherdecided that runners may enter on the day but at an increased fee of £7.
    Will all runners please note the following.
    Barley village is small with restricted parking; please carshare if you can. We rely on the continued goodwill of all residents so pleasepark responsibly and under no account restrict any access – bearing in mindthat the lanes are used by the farmers over whose land we run. Parking isavailable on the village car park for a small fee by way of a “honesty” box.Cars may also be parked on the Roughlee road – ON ONE SIDE ONLY. Remember thatyou may have a sizeable walk to pick up your race number or register so leave enoughtime.
    Please re-read the entry requirements and carry FULL KIT. Therewill be kit checks and any runner who is unable to comply will be unable torun.
    The race starts at 11am but acces to the track up to Ogdenwill be restricted from 10.40am. Many runners use this for warming up but werequire all runners to be outside the village hall at 10:45 for final raceinstruction and head count. Your co-operation will be a great help.
    Any questions ….. my contact details are in the FRAcalendar.
    I will put updated entries on Wednesday and Thursdayevening.

Cheers

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Foot View Post
    It has been furtherdecided that runners may enter on the day but at an increased fee of £7.
    Buckled under the pressure
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Richard,

A special kit check for you. Arrive early

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Foot View Post
    Richard,

A special kit check for you. Arrive early
    No worries, I'll have my Berghaus, pants with taped seams, hat, gloves, compass, whistle, hat, Pork Pie and Bottle of Old Peculiar.
    Have I missed anything?
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Only the map you are certain to need😃😃😃

Just back - great race. Well organised as well by Mike - thanks to him and his team. Pleased with atime around 1:40 - first Fell race since my DNF at the 3 Peaks last year.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Thanks Richard, glad you enjoyed it.

The combined support team of Clayton & Trawden members helped the race run very smoothly and I am indebted to them for their continued support.

I know the head count at the start took longer then expected - apologies for that - and we will improve it next year.

The results will appear at http://www.ukresults.net/ in the next day and as soon as I can I will post them on the Clayton website

Cheers

Mike

Great race as always! Well chuffed to knock around 10 minutes off my previous best time in this race and 20 minutes off last years abysmal effort!
    Wayne McIntosh - Clayton-le-Moors Harriers

Fellrunning Blog

Thanks for organising a great race Mike. The weather made for some fast times and despite there being a championship race only 15 miles away there was a good number of entries (180?) which goes to show how popular Pendle Hill is.
    No sooner had I got changed in the village hall the results for the first 100 or so we're up on the wall - very impressive!
    Later in the pub we had runners joining us who had run at Flower Scar earlier. This just emphasises the magnetism that Pendle and its pubs have on runners. Great day out.
    See the light in the night