Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Stan Bradshaw Pendle Round

Re: Stan Bradshaw Pendle Round

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor View Post
    This race might fit my plans to build up distance and fit my diary BUT not knowing Pendle and thereabouts very well (or at all really) I need some advice.

If I can't come down to recce would this be a stupid idea. Is it a hard slog over the bogs or a good route? Is it a small field (to leave me behind) or a big turnout? Whaddaya think?
    Big turn out easy to follow dont worry to much if your in around 1.45 loads to follow round that time
    Going to try again....

I ran it last year having only run on Pendle one time previously and it was fine. The field does get a bit spread but, unless the clag is down badly, not enough to be a problem.

You'll be fine Eleanor. It's usually a big field (formerly the Half Tour of Pendle but got renamed and slightly re-routed last year) and it's short enough not to get lost. The new section hasn't had a furrow ploughed on it yet, but there's time before the race! One or two boggy sections but they're pretty short, nothing too grim.

Parking can be a bit busy at Barley, be prepared for a short walk to the village hall to register. The cafe on the car park is an excellent place to dump support crew (i.e family); I highly recommend the broth and dumplings! If you've got little ones then the stream through Barley is a top paddling venue and there's a kids play area opposite the pub.

Hope you have a good one. I won't be there this year I'm afraid; doing the Howarth Hobble instead.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyA View Post
    You'll be fine Eleanor. It's usually a big field (formerly the Half Tour of Pendle but got renamed and slightly re-routed last year) and it's short enough not to get lost. The new section hasn't had a furrow ploughed on it yet, but there's time before the race! One or two boggy sections but they're pretty short, nothing too grim.

Parking can be a bit busy at Barley, be prepared for a short walk to the village hall to register. The cafe on the car park is an excellent place to dump support crew (i.e family); I highly recommend the broth and dumplings! If you've got little ones then the stream through Barley is a top paddling venue and there's a kids play area opposite the pub.

Hope you have a good one. I won't be there this year I'm afraid; doing the Howarth Hobble instead.
    Andy this is really really useful. Yes I'll be bringing the support crew so thanks for the tips on that one! If I don't get on well, get lost etc, then I'll be having words, HA!.
    Eleanor Knowles, Ambleside AC

Has the entry limit been reached for this year? I've missed the cut off for sending in by post, and wondered if there was any flexibility?

When was the postal cut off? I posted mine last night

Quote Originally Posted by Stanners View Post
    When was the postal cut off? I posted mine last night
    I think its today!

i have just seen this about cut offs. there is no mention of cut off in the FRA fixtures calandar so only sent mine on monday gone. not sure whether to turn up tomorrow now?

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
    i have just seen this about cut offs. there is no mention of cut off in the FRA fixtures calandar so only sent mine on monday gone. not sure whether to turn up tomorrow now?
    You would have thought someone would have clarified the situation

It's gonna be a bit wet and misty up there today