Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: Long Mynd Valleys

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Hoping my calf will be OK by then too! 😁

I hear they are aiming at Sunday March 1st for a rearrangement... absolutely nothing confirmed yet.

Well that will mean a fell race or cycle event almost every weekend in March then. LMVs, Carding Mill Canter, 100km sportive, Wrekin fell race. Just need to find something for the 29th - that'll test the calf out!

Same here.... looks like I’ve lost a very rare free week.... starting next weekend it will be 8 consecutive weekends of racing!

well, you've got a choice: it's Llanbedr to Bleanafon on the 28th, or Eskdale Elevation if you fancy something in the Lakes
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Kington 8 Peaks that weekend Dave?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    well, you've got a choice: it's Llanbedr to Bleanafon on the 28th, or Eskdale Elevation if you fancy something in the Lakes
    Forgot I had already pencilled in Coledale Horseshoe on the 28th.....
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Valleys confirmed as back on Sunday March 1st.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Ciara last weekend, Dennis this weekend, . . . . We will be up to Francis, Frederick, or whatever they decide to call it/him, on the weekend of 1st March.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Generally bright and clear in the Cardingmill Valley at the start (with the occasional hail/rain shower), but a freezing wind whistling down off the tops.

Underfoot conditions were pretty poor today, and winning times were 20mins down on last year, although the three leaders went astray midway through, allowing David Chetta of Mercia to grab the victory, in what must have been an entertaining finish (I think the top ten were separated by only about 2 minutes).

I was a further 18 or 19 minutes further back, finishing 33rd in 2hrs18. 7mins slower than last year which was a bit disappointing.... but given the ground conditions, a biting headwind on the long section over the top, and the winners times, feeling a little more content with my run. It was a huge pb position-wise.

Usual entertainment on the final few climbs. I hit the bottom of the final climb in a group of 4 or 5... they all went up the side valley a bit, whilst I went direct up the steep front face. Hit the final summit well in front, but was chased down by two of them on the descent... one got me on the final steep section, and held the other off in an agonising sprint finish... one poor guy from our group fell apart and dropped nine minutes over that final 25mins or so...

Hello to PeteS, looks like a decent run... and to DaveMole, thanks for marshalling and sorry I didn’t spot you out on the course. Also saw Athers who obviously put in a stellar performance, but I don’t think you would necessarily recognise me.

Pete