Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Mynd Valleys

Re: Long Mynd Valleys - 7th Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    Bloody good run Roy!
    Cheers Al, was a good day out today. Could have been alot better had I not have gone wrong 4 times in the thick clag. You think you know a course a then...... Hope your training well young sir.
    The Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Scott View Post
    Cheers Al, was a good day out today. Could have been alot better had I not have gone wrong 4 times in the thick clag. You think you know a course a then...... Hope your training well young sir.

Did you have a watch on Roy ? What time did you have ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders rambler View Post
    Did you have a watch on Roy ? What time did you have ?
    Just under 1.58. First Strider ever under the magic 2hrs. I reckon without the navigation blunders sub 1.50 is a must next year. How did you fair today?
    The Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step

Just under 1.58. First Strider ever under the magic 2hrs. I reckon without the navigation blunders sub 1.50 is a must next year. How did you fair today?
    Well done Roy, cracking run
    Hills and Guinness!

Hi Roy,ran ok got lost too coming off Callow.Apparently 1.56,but might be quicker than that. Not sure if thats right.

Well done everyone, some good times today by the looks of it. No navigation errors but struggled round feeling sick for most of the route, pretty pleased with my time though as it was my first attempt at this one. Felt much harder than the Stretton Skyline which is 19 miles!!

I really enjoyed that race . My time was no where near as quick as some of you guys but I knocked 15 mins off last years time

Only sorry I couldn't hang around for the prize giving . Apparently I missed out on a tshirt for doing both races . Bugger ..... I love free stuff

Crikey, that was brutal ! Great course though.

My first attempt and got round quicker than I'd estimated (but still not all that fast !) in 2:36. Was pleased to get some views in the second half as the fog lifted, made the very steep climbs & descents feel more worthwhile as I could see where I'd been.

Thanks to the chap who helped lift my spirits as I started to struggle up Callow . I just love the camaradery you get at fell races.
    Hills - good for the soul...
    http://honestsstories.blogspot.co.uk

Well, that was different!
    what a great race. I was in 2 minds whether to start when you couldn't even see any peaks from the start line but slotted in near the back and took it easy to start with. Good job I did, it was just the last climb that got me. I decided to traverse up it but others carried on up the gully then went straight up, didn't seem much in it time wise. Got round in 2:32 which I was quite pleased with but had I have known the way could have gone a bit quicker. Thats my first real fell race done so now I know what to expect to a certain extent.

One observation though. Why would anybody use anything other than a real fell shoe. i.e. x-talon, Walsh, gladiators. Everyone I saw in trail shoes were on their arses most of the time on the downs and having to crawl on all fours on the ups

Well done Fly . That was a really good time . I came in much later than that

I agree about the shoes . Mudclaws all the way for me .