Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Champ races

Re: 2011 Champ races???

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamB View Post
    No.

And I suggest discussions between the FRA and ROs be allowed to proceed to a conclusion in peace without ongoing background noise from this Forum.
    I completely agree. Perhaps next year we can have a debate on the forum as to which ones should be included.

Err.. I've ran the Devil's Beeftub when it was a SHR champs counter in 2007 and attracted about 90 runners. I'm not sure the race is suitable for a larger entry.

Has anyone from SHR been asked?

Quote Originally Posted by bill View Post
    Err.. I've ran the Devil's Beeftub when it was a SHR champs counter in 2007 and attracted about 90 runners. I'm not sure the race is suitable for a larger entry.

Has anyone from SHR been asked?
    At the risk of repetition: I suggest discussions between the FRA and ROs be allowed to proceed to a conclusion in peace without ongoing background noise from this Forum.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 10-09-2010 at 09:34 AM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Lesson:this is what happens when draft documents prepared just for the benefit of the FRA Committee are publicised without authority.
    Thanks for the lesson Breezy. Like me Tom obviously didnt realise that a provisional list of championship races is considered by some a cofidential document that you need permission to publicise

Quote Originally Posted by bill View Post
    I thought similar about Blackstone Edge a couple of years ago (and Shelf Moor this year, for that matter), but both passed off swimmingly
    where there's a will, there's a way, and all that
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Master

Sorry just trying to be helpful
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

The reason i wanted to know was like IainR, planning and it can be quite hard fitting in potentially 8/9 reeces esp when some are a LONG distance away to travel. Since when has fell running turned like this, TT was just trying to help I really don't see what the fuss is about,its just a list of races. Can we go back to days where people did it for enjoyment? and can some people get off there highhorses!

Yes, it is just a list and I'm sure it's not really all that secret but when something is 'published' to a wider audience however well intended it takes on authority which it possibly does not yet have. If someone arranged their schedule around said list which then changed they might feel a bit agreeved. The internet has got a lot to answer for good and bad.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Thanks for the lesson Breezy. Like me Tom obviously didnt realise that a provisional list of championship races is considered by some a cofidential document that you need permission to publicise
    Go ahead, be as snide as you like; but clearly the very idea that a RO might not want the fact broadcasting now that he is considering his race being a counter in 2011 is beyond your imagination.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master

Go ahead, be as snide as you like; but clearly the very idea that a RO might not want the fact broadcasting now that he is considering his race being a counter in 2011 is beyond your imagination.
    Why if it is merely a prospective list???
    I am sorry for any trouble caused, but not for posting this at all, im getting sick of some of the FRA commitee and their view of members as being minions underneath that arent expected to have an opinion and be like sheep. People pay money for their membership and to have a say not to be told not to discuss things and leave it in the hands of others. On the most part the system seems wholly undemocratic and could do with modernising instead of a few people voting at the general meeting-lets be honest if all 4000 members wanted to go they couldnt fit in so there is no chance of a fully informed members decision on voting and decision making.
    People infuriate me at times
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before