Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bum bag

Re: Bum bag

Quote Originally Posted by L.F.F. View Post
    I got mine from the Lakes Runner, Ambleside - their own brand bag. Only £10 and with all the straps tightened it hardly moves at all. You hardly know you're wearing it.
    I can't find this on their website - maybe they only sell it in the shop? Is it very simple and light without padding like the PB bumbag?
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    Why carry kit?
    Surely part of the fun is the ever pressing fear of a horrific and lonely death

....brief pause to wipe spit off monitor after involuntary snorting noise!!.......

Ooh, you're naughty you!

More seriously; i'd rate the PB bag as well. Water is dead weight on any run up to three hours long at this time of year and there are always streams if you're out longer. Runners get obsessed about dehydration and it's largely unwarranted. I've used the PB for all my AL events and the three peaks; more than big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    I can't find this on their website - maybe they only sell it in the shop? Is it very simple and light without padding like the PB bumbag?
    Just had a look myself and I can't find it either so I think it must be shop only.

Yes, very simple and light. Red and black, 2 straps to tighten it, no mesh or anything to hold bottles on the outside, or any padding.

Not familiar with the PB one, but maybe give the Lakes Runner a ring. Free postage as well.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by L.F.F. View Post
    Just had a look myself and I can't find it either so I think it must be shop only.

Yes, very simple and light. Red and black, 2 straps to tighten it, no mesh or anything to hold bottles on the outside, or any padding.

Not familiar with the PB one, but maybe give the Lakes Runner a ring. Free postage as well.

Hope that helps!
    Sounds just like a Pete Bland to me.

The Rock & Run bag was great until a strap came off last summer (18 months old). I'd say for £20 it's not worth it, if the PB one is £10, cos there ain't much difference. Although other people say their R&R bag has lasted years and years, so there you go ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fell Donkey View Post
    Sounds just like a Pete Bland to me.
    Probably is. Although PB don't do free postage as far as I know so I'd go for the Lakes Runner one.

Just tried out this Lowe Alpine one - I like it a lot. The two bottle holsters are in the middle, next to the spine, minimising wobble. There are two zipped compartments on either side, each about 1.5litre I'd say.

Thick waist-strap, bit like a rucksack, and bungee cord compression straps round the back, meanm that it stays pretty solid.

More bulky and weighty than your classic PB style, but definitely serves a purpose if you're not going to pass much water on your runs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    but definitely serves a purpose if you're not going to pass much water on your runs.
    I find it more convenient to pass as much water as possible before I set off.

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    Although other people say their R&R bag has lasted years and years, so there you go ...
    Yes indeed. Mine was acquired with my first pair of fell shoes from R&R in Ambleside, sold by Andy Hyslop himself, back in September 1984.

Still going strong, amazingly, even if the label fell off years ago.

All the newer "simple" bags look like they are descended from this; but of course Andy may have borrowed the design himself!
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Ended up with the PB. Very happy with it. Nice and simple. You can fit a small bottle in there too. Small inside pouch for keys, money ect would have been good. Thanks for the advice