Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: saturday 3 peaks recce

Re: saturday 3 peaks recce

Neill, before you get to ribblehead turn left off the road at the cottages and go up park fell then along the ridge to Ingleborough and that will save you a long road run
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilH View Post
    Can't get oop norf till later unfortunately geronimo

Planning on setting off Sat 19th at 12pm (ish) from Horton and doing Pneyghent to Ribblehead, up road to Hill Inn, then Inglebugger and back to Horton - anyone shout if they wish to come along...

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
    Starting at Horton at 8.30 on Saturday morning and doing 2 peaks finishing at Hill Inn where I will be leaving my car so can give anyone a lift back to Horton if anyonee wants to join me?s
    I'm a bit pushed for time Saturday morning and am still a bit clogged with a cold so I'll give it a miss I think. Look out for me though (easy to tell as I'll have a border collie in tow) as I suspect I'll be doing my 10 miler up Plover Hill and back via PyG at about the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    I'm a bit pushed for time Saturday morning and am still a bit clogged with a cold so I'll give it a miss I think. Look out for me though (easy to tell as I'll have a border collie in tow) as I suspect I'll be doing my 10 miler up Plover Hill and back via PyG at about the same time
    i am doing High Cup Nick next saturday so will be a week on saturday and going for full 3 peaks again at about 5.5 hour pace

Cheers for the suggestion geronimo - hadn't read this before we went but that's exactly what we did. Enjoyable route and it was refreshing to come down the drag into Horton with legs that were only 2 peaks old instead of 3! Plus didn't fancy the steep section of Ingleborough in all the snow.

Very quiet all day (might have been the 10m visibility!) and pretty cold on the tops - not exactly April weather - or is it....?

Quote Originally Posted by NeilH View Post
    Cheers for the suggestion geronimo - hadn't read this before we went but that's exactly what we did. Enjoyable route and it was refreshing to come down the drag into Horton with legs that were only 2 peaks old instead of 3! Plus didn't fancy the steep section of Ingleborough in all the snow.

Very quiet all day (might have been the 10m visibility!) and pretty cold on the tops - not exactly April weather - or is it....?
    how far was that route? weather has been good for the last 3 years for 3 peaks

how far was that route? weather has been good for the last 3 years for 3 peaks
    Doing a pen y ghent, park fell and ingleborough loop is circa 17 or or 18 miles, depending on whether you go via the park fell trig and over simon fell or round the ribblehead fronting side of park fell and along the edge.

Geronimo I'm probably running my Austwick, Nick Pot, lap around Park Fell, Ingleborough, Little Ingleborough, Gaping Gill and back to Austwick run this Saturday. I'm assuming that by saying on 19th that you're running the 3P 'a week on Saturday', you'll be doing it this Saturday? Give me a shout though if you fancy a change from trawling round that - the Austwick run (circa 15/16 miles) is an absolutely fantastic alternative route here

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Doing a pen y ghent, park fell and ingleborough loop is circa 17 or or 18 miles, depending on whether you go via the park fell trig and over simon fell or round the ribblehead fronting side of park fell and along the edge.

Geronimo I'm probably running my Austwick, Nick Pot, lap around Park Fell, Ingleborough, Little Ingleborough, Gaping Gill and back to Austwick run this Saturday. I'm assuming that by saying on 19th that you're running the 3P 'a week on Saturday', you'll be doing it this Saturday? Give me a shout though if you fancy a change from trawling round that - the Austwick run (circa 15/16 miles) is an absolutely fantastic alternative route here
    Hi Stolly
    sorry, on Saturday I am racing (in the loosest sense of the word) at High cup Nick and Sunday I am doping the sound and light at Williamson Park, Lancaster for the launch of the 2011 Herbalife/ Wheelbase cycle team. what about the weekend after?

Hi Stolly
    sorry, on Saturday I am racing (in the loosest sense of the word) at High cup Nick and Sunday I am doping the sound and light at Williamson Park, Lancaster for the launch of the 2011 Herbalife/ Wheelbase cycle team. what about the weekend after?

Hehe. I can't make this coming weekend but I just might be hacking around the 3P the following Saturday

I did my own Recce at the weekend, didn't start till 12:20 though due to family commitments. Ran the course as far as Ribblehead (with a slight detour) and then cut off Whernside by running along Low Sleights Road as far as the gate leading to Ingleborough and picked up the course again there. Worked out a little short of 22miles, tough day but enjoyed it and learnt a bit in the process as well. Took me 4hr 15 including all stops for nav etc.
    Last edited by Rob Furness; 28-02-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: spelling

I was up that way on saturday, not running as I was with my cousin who wanted to walk it, albeit at a good pace. Seen a few runners around, maybe some of them were you guys.
    Saw a guy with a short haired border collie up Whernside, wearing walsh spirit peaks...was it you, and can I claim my five quid???