Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: saturday 3 peaks recce

Re: saturday 3 peaks recce

Quote Originally Posted by Darth domain View Post
    Hiya mate, i'll be comming now for this one, was going to do it the following weekend but the car's gonna be in the garage, see you 9am, usual spot?
    ta
    we are starting 8am now from Horton this Saturday. see you then DD

very dry underfoot - went around yesterday

https://picasaweb.google.com/labdet/3PeaksMarch2011#

did a complete recce in 5:15 on Saturday. it is very dry. there were 100's of walkers.
    then did 40 miles on my bike with Kent Vally RC yesterday so legs totally wrecked today.
    that was the last full recce now before the race. will just be doing a maximum of 2 over the next 3 weekends

I did a fantastic trot round today in wall to wall sunshine in 4 hours 28 --> 36 mins to the Pen y Ghent trig --> 1:34 to the Horton to Ribblehead road --> 2:32 to the Whernside trig --> 2:59 to the stile behind the pub in Chapel le Dale --> 3:42 to the Ingleborough trig. All things considered it was too blinking hot but on the positive side I got a bit of a tan

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    I did a fantastic trot round today in wall to wall sunshine in 4 hours 28 --> 36 mins to the Pen y Ghent trig --> 1:34 to the Horton to Ribblehead road --> 2:32 to the Whernside trig --> 2:59 to the stile behind the pub in Chapel le Dale --> 3:42 to the Ingleborough trig. All things considered it was too blinking hot but on the positive side I got a bit of a tan
    a great time Stolly!! I went up Scafell Pike from Landale this morning for a change

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Those are really great times Stolly...only in my dreams! :closed: I would imagine you'll be alot faster than that on race day too! :thumbup:
    I've been writing down my times from 2008 so I can make sure I try to knock some time off from each section! Not been able to recce it this year unfortunately. :thunbdown:
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot