Thread: Trans-Alpine

Trans-Alpine

Hi all, I'm new on here. Anyone done the Trans-Alpine in its 7th year. I've entered for the 2011 race (sept) and really looking forward to it. 8 days of Alpine running 260 plus k and alot of climbing.:w00t:

Re: Trans-Alpine

I have not done it before but I am in a team for this year. Having never done a multi stage race I thought I should do at least one before my knees get past it. The videos look great. I am just starting to look at logistics of the best way of getting there and back - any thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by Masham Man View Post
    Hi all, I'm new on here. Anyone done the Trans-Alpine in its 7th year. I've entered for the 2011 race (sept) and really looking forward to it. 8 days of Alpine running 260 plus k and alot of climbing.:w00t:
    Just been looking at the event website, great clips, very jealous. Say hello to Jim for me.

Yeah first stage race for me too and always wanted to do one. Not that expensive compared to some (MDS) at least we won't get sand between our toes! I was taken by the fantastic mountain scenery we are going to get. I think we are going to fly to Munich and 2hr train trip to Oberstdorf. Coming back, Train from Latsch and get to Marco polo (Venice).Going to try and fly out from Leeds-Bradford. We hav'nt booked anything yet, but must pull finger out and do it to get cheap flights.

Quote Originally Posted by Masham Man View Post
    Yeah first stage race for me too and always wanted to do one. Not that expensive compared to some (MDS) at least we won't get sand between our toes! I was taken by the fantastic mountain scenery we are going to get. I think we are going to fly to Munich and 2hr train trip to Oberstdorf. Coming back, Train from Latsch and get to Marco polo (Venice).Going to try and fly out from Leeds-Bradford. We hav'nt booked anything yet, but must pull finger out and do it to get cheap flights.
    That's what we had in mind but was not sure how easy it was to get from Latsch to Venice - my small scale map does not show a railway - so that looks promising.

Anyone interested in partnering me for the Trans-Alpine this year? Women's team or a mixed V40 team possible.
    Lauren.