Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Help needed 13th May

Re: Help needed 13th May

Hard Luck Stef
    there's always next time, the hills will be there for a long time to come, I know how you feel as my first attempt ended the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Hard Luck Stef
    there's always next time, the hills will be there for a long time to come, I know how you feel as my first attempt ended the same way.
    Thanks Ian, it's a comfort to know I'm not the first.

I'm not enjoying being at the B&B feeling rotten whilst the others are still out there, not knowing how they're getting on.

I need them to suceed to make it all worth while.
    Impossible is nothing!
    My blog

Quote Originally Posted by Stef F View Post
    It wasn't meant to be. It never occurred to me that I might fail due to anything other than fitness, injury, or poor weather conditions.

I've sought medical advice as I'm not getting any better and have added a nasty headache to my troubles. I've been advised that it's most likely to be a bug but could be food poisoning.

On the up side, I've met loads of really nice people through this and have had some wonderful days out in the hills; a reward worth having perhaps more than a sucess.

It's raining again in Keswick and the cloud looks low over the tops, I hope the others are ok.

Stef
    Yes certainly sounds like a bug, I hope you feel better soon. Plenty of positives there too :thumbup:
    I know you have your op coming up so it will be a little while before your next go but you will do it

Quote Originally Posted by Stef F View Post
    I need them to suceed to make it all worth while.
    Andy said something similar, that and he never wants to try again...

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Hard Luck Stef
    Tough luck, Stef. Let me know when you are going again and I'll do more than turn up at the end and take some photos.

Hi Stef,

I was gutted to find out when I got to Honister and the others told me what had happened. Really feel for you...but I was thrilled to bits to help Andy round leg 5 to his finish. Not sure he needed the help though, he was rock solid throughout - and I am sure when the next time comes along you'll be every bit as on form as he clearly was. For now, add it to the experience banks, and look forward to the next time...there will be one.

Stef!!,
    Karen and I are gutted for you and do hope you recover quickly, take a few days or so to get over it. At first I thought you were just suffering from nerves or bit of a dodgy tummy as we left Threlkeld but you were obviously very unwell and you made the right call to come down off the fell, it would have been foolish to try and continue any further. I'm amazed you got that far in the circumstances!!
    You are bound to be a bit pee'd off but but don't let it get you down, as others have said, use your your fitness and experiences of the weekend to get you round in a few weeks time!!
    Your team will 'happen', use Andrew's knowledge..........and don't eat any dodgy pasta before you set off!!!
    Big hugs,

Ken n Karen xx