View Poll Results: Disaffiliate from UKA?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

80 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UKA: In or Out

UKA: In or Out

OK, Poll time (again). The poll will be non-attributable and will only be about the question at hand not whether or not you agree with committee reports etc.
    Much as your contributions are welcome, could I ask you to consider not voting if you are not an FRA member...this is a temperature taking exercise and I'd hate for anyone to say the results are skewed or biased!!
    Last edited by Wheeze; 21-05-2007 at 11:55 PM.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Re: UKA: In or Out

OOOh that double negative nearly caught me out!!!!

Make sure you read the question!!

Oh yes, voted, non attributably!

New here. Can't keep quiet any longer. I appreciate the to's and fro's of the arguments, but am still utterly baffled by the 'ballot paper'. I've talked to various members from my own club and everyone thought the same – to send out a Voting Slip with such an unsubtle, cack-handed prompt of how to use it (which decision to vote for) is bizarre. It does the FRA (i.e. us all) no favours at all. It's precisely the reason why UK voters are staying away from the polling stations in droves – a cynical public getting more cynical every time they see how so-called 'democracy' is being manipulated by those in control of the process. Opinionating on ballot papers really is the transparent end of failing democracy.

Somebody has asked me if we should be having a voting poll on here whilst there is the official vote in process.

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Somebody has asked me if we should be having a voting poll on here whilst there is the official vote in process.
    Hi Brett

The media and other info gatherers are constantly polling voters during a General Election even on voting day. It doesn't have any bearing on the official vote.

Cheers

Richard

I don't think they publish results of polls whilst voting is going on.
    It's to prevent the results of the poll affecting the way people vote - of course that won't happen here will it?

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Shall we have a poll to find out?

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    I don't think they publish results of polls whilst voting is going on.
    It's to prevent the results of the poll affecting the way people vote - of course that won't happen here will it?
    I could be wrong, but I'm sure I've listened to the radio/TV on election day and heard them say things like "we've polled 1000 people to find out which way they've voted and its still looking like Labour will scrape through"

You might be right - I thought they said that when the count started?
    Somebody will tell us...

I am not voting as I am an SHR membernot FRA, but just want to point out that exit polls happen DURING election and results give the media something to blether about while awaiting the counts. Of course they can be notoriously inaccurate, as can any poll. Surley this is a group of people sharing their views. It could be on a web chat group or around a dinner table. How can that be a bad thing as long as no one is pressured into doing or saying something they dont want to. Isnt this democracy in action?

Jason
    Is it meant to be this hard?