Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Racing Rucksack

Re: Racing Rucksack

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBritain View Post
    Without wishing to wind anyone up...

I was in Keswick for a long weekend starting Thursday so I popped into Planet Fear (as well as every other outdoor shop!)...and popped out with a North Face Enduro 13 for £45!!!

I have a few niggles with the Go-Lite, so we'll see how the Enduro goes...
    I was in Keswick on Sunday and tried on this rucksack and thought it was very nice. However I ended up ordering the Quechua 10l rucksack from Decathlon just because it was cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    Just ordered one over the phone with them. Bargain, £20 cheaper than direct from TNF website!
    Cool, glad they had some more and people can take advantage. I'm still trying to get mine to sit right, used it on Saturday for 15m and it was okay - certainly very easy to get at the bottles, and waist pockets are fine, but still need to work on the comfort side of things.

Without wishing to wind anyone up...

I was in Keswick for a long weekend starting Thursday so I popped into Planet Fear (as well as every other outdoor shop!)...and popped out with a North Face Enduro 13 for £45!!!

I have a few niggles with the Go-Lite, so we'll see how the Enduro goes...
    Excellent, thanks for the heads up - just ordered one online from them - even with £4 postage it is a result!
    Body held together by Eden Bodyworks: http://www.edenbodyworks.co.uk/

Twitter: @Oliblom

Just picked mine up, it arrived last wednesday but I didn't get the message it was here sat in the registry!

First impressions are that its a very lightweight bit of kit, much smaller than I imagined. Deffo race ready bit of kit, looking forward to test driving it soon!

I wore my OMM Adventure Light at the HPM and it didn't trouble me once. A very good piece of kit, which worked well coupled with an i-gammy bottle holder.

Are the bottles on the North Face bag easy to get at and replace on the move?Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rich1 View Post
    Are the bottles on the North Face bag easy to get at and replace on the move?Thanks
    I have just got an Inov8 Race Pro 12 and found it to be fantastically comfy and although some people cannot seem to get on with the internal waist bladder, I have no issues with it so far.

It gets a thumbs up from me.
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Picked up one of the North Face enduro 13 packs from planetfear online for £45, tested it on a recce of the Blubberhouses 25 saturday and it was absolutely brilliant, very stable once on and bottles very easy to reach, I can recommend it

Quote Originally Posted by Rich1 View Post

I'm still trying to get mine to sit right - I even tweeted Jez Bragg (who kindly replied!) - I've got the velcro part over my sternum, then the waist belt falls just on/above my hips, but if I pull the straps tight to remove all movement - I find them restricting my breathing? Any advice anyone?

I'm still trying to get mine to sit right - I even tweeted Jez Bragg (who kindly replied!) - I've got the velcro part over my sternum, then the waist belt falls just on/above my hips, but if I pull the straps tight to remove all movement - I find them restricting my breathing? Any advice anyone?
    Used mine for the first time on the weekend for the trollers trot. I only realised when I arrived that I hadn't actually ran with it yet to fit it, so threw it on my back, loaded the bottles up and gel pouches and away I went.

Required just a few straps tightening but I was very impressed with it, I could hardly tell it was there at all the whole way round.

The bottles are great for on the move rehydration, relatively easy to get in and out, and the gel pouches come into their own of course.

All in all, happy with the purchase, much better than my old berghaus walking rucksack which rubbed like hell