Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Racing Rucksack

Re: Racing Rucksack

Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    Any chance you could give us a review of the GoLight Rush Superflyguy?
    only just found this, but here goes:
    9/10

I have now worn this for two 20+ events, a 40 and a 60. It is extremely comfortable, breathes reasonable well on the back and easily accommodates enough kit for what I have done. (4 inns (mandatory only) and Fellsman (mandatory + extra food, 1pr socks, 1 tshirt). My only gripe is that to access the water bottles I have to swing the pack onto one shoulder, maybe I'm not bendy enough or need different bottles! I haven't utilized the bladder yet, as I usually keep my emergency blanket, maps and overtrousers in that pocket! However I will give it a go over the summer, if it works out I think it would be a 10/10.
    Adam Speed
    P&B

I know I'm to late if you've made your choice but I've just purchased one of these last week-
    http://uk.thenorthface.com/tnf-uk-en...enduro-13.html
    I've only used mine on two training runs but so far so good.

I can slide the water bottles into the waist okay. The offset waist buckle is a good idea. The shoulder straps and Velcro chest fastener gives the arms greater freedom, it works as a cross system (if you tighten the left buckle it will pull on your right shoulder).

Dave

[QUOTE=Wallman;411478]I know I'm to late if you've made your choice but I've just purchased one of these last week-
    http://uk.thenorthface.com/tnf-uk-en...enduro-13.html
    I've only used mine on two training runs but so far so good.
    /QUOTE]

If it's any recommendation I noticed in Saturday's Fellsman that both Jez Bragg (2nd in picture finished 1st) and Andy Mouncey (3rd in picture finished 4th) were wearing this pack
    Last edited by tinyman; 17-05-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Additional Info
    “The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.”

Geoff Cox Lonsdale Fellrunners

Are they North Face sponsored?
    As for accessing bottles in side pockets, I found the best way for me was to slacken off both the shoulder straps at the same time, which allows the bag to drop a bit lower on the back and then I can easily reach back for a bottle. Quick slurp, replace bottle, and tighten shoulder straps again. Easy.
    I like my OMM 20L sack, with it's angled side pockets.

Just recieved a TNF enuro 13 in the post last night. not tested on a run yet, but on first impressions it seem like a great piece of kit. really comfortable to wear, bottles easily accessable without making adjustments or over contorting. seems to be really well made, and has just the right amunt of space. can fit full body cover, hat, gloves, os map in main compartment, with full hydration bladder, and the strap pockets for food, gels other bits.

Having seen the back of a few TNF enduros on Saturday I have to admit to a pang of kit envy! It certainly looks like a classy piece of kit and the angled water bottle access is whats missing from the Rush.

Ho-hum. clearly my trawling of the interwizzle was not exhaustive enough. Having said that I am very happy with the Rush, especially now I have utilised PB's slackening both shoulders straps (SSS) technique :thumbup:
    Adam Speed
    P&B

I agree. The North face bag looks like the new 'one to have'. for me it was all about the bottle access when choosing the raidlight olmo 5 which I have now. I used this on the Fellsman and found it great too although 5 litres was a bit of a squeeze for all the kit but then again it did all fit.
    I've tried a few bags like the last drop (straps dig in and bad bottle access). osprey talon 11 (bottle access again and too many pockets/bells/whistles). inov8 race pro (stupid bladder thing).
    The north face one is quite new. First saw it when Jez won the UTMB. didn't think it would be 12 litres as it looks quite stable. Not sure if the crossing straps would be any benefit

I purchased the NF Enduro 13 on monday and did a 40 km trail run with it yesterday. I can highly recommend it. When I first looked at a few weeks ago I thought it was more volume than I needed, and was considering the Haglöfs Stamina (5L). (I don't like camelback-type hydration packs, and prefer drinking from bottles; and I have gone through a selection of bumbags, which never stay in place.) But as commented here 5L is really not much, and the size of the Enduro was perfect for an extra polypro shirt, light shell, snack, wallet, keys. I was running much of the time on rocky technical trail (small mountain trails at the beginning), so it was a great test, and the bag really sits tight on the back - no bobbling about. The bottles can be taken out from the angled holders and put back without loosening the bag; if you have the waist belt reasonably snug, it is even possible to pull them out one-handed.

Bit pricey!

If anyone spots it for around £40, I might be tempted.

My ancient Berghaus walking rucksack has sufficed so far, but as it was not built for long distance running, I get a lot of rubbing from it.

I used my 'North Face Enduro 13' on the Sandstone Trail Race on Saturday and it performed perfect.

http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/images/attach/jpg.gif
    Last edited by Wallman; 25-05-2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Add photo