Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Four Inns

yes I'd agree its good for time on your feet but what you want to be doing are climbing routes, Kinder Dozen, Kinder Killer, Derwent Devil, all listed on here on the forum

Thanks - just trying to get a feel for the ballpark. I think I’m probably too slow - 9 hours for the Inns, and that was a while ago…

You have oodles of time to get fit for an attempt next spring/summer. It sounds like you are coming from a good base.
    The routes IDP suggests are good training if you are local to the peak.

I’d be looking at a longer run in - a few years off ultras due to the kids, and the slight inconvenience of living in Sydney. Which takes the Southerners doing the BG to a whole other level. I get back periodically to visit my mum, so possible to get on the route, but bulk of training would obviously be local. I’ve probably missed my window, in all honesty, but will re-evaluate after the Inns next year.

if you fancy Ultras in the peak then look at the 15 trigs and 4 county tops. approx 15 time limit and 12 hours approx for the two routes. I did both on my BG year

Great, thanks. I'll give them a look. The general gist seems to be to make sure to get in long days, with a lot of climb (and descent) packed in.