Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Inns

Four Inns

Doing the 4 Inns as a running team of 4 on 31st March.
    Have been out for several recce's but still pondering the leg from Snake Pass Inn (112906) to Edale Community Centre (124853). The (obvious) answer is straigh up n' over Kinder, and i have tried this a few times going up both Fair Brook and along the E-W path across the Scout, and also coming up Gate Side Clough and Buckden Brook.
    Also is there any great difference in the going when descending down one of the cloughs in to Edale Village itself (from the N)
    I thought somebody more acquainted with this neck of the woods may have a better (ie more economical / quicker) route up their windshirt sleeve.
    Grateful for any steers.
    Cheers.

Re: 4 Inns - route advice plea

The usual way is to take the path up Gate Side Clough. When you have turned the corner go up for a couple of hundred meters or so then cross the stream and take a trod that goes to the left of Seal stones and joins the main path in a roughly southerly direction. Continue on here until the path turns easterly and take the short path over the top of Kinder. There is a steep descent to pick up the main path from Grindsbrook into Edale.

Hope this helps, but not too much we are doing it as well!

Anyone familiar with Tankeys will know this route well.

thanks for the info - we are off at 7.30ish on 31st, see you there !!

I think we're off at 7:22am, see you there!

Anyone else doing this one?

I am .

Good, we've got a team then

Anyone doing the 2008 race that would like to join in a car shuttle to allow us to get away saturday night after the food?

kit for 4 Inns.

Whenever I've done long races I've always just stuck full kit in my belt without any problem. I can fit the required kit for ALs in the 2 pouches hanging off my water bottle belt.

But I'm doing the 4 Inns this year so need a rucksack. What sort of volume am I going to need it to be and any recommendations for one that I'll be abale to run in?

Do I need a chest strap etc?

Super Moderator

Re: kit for 4 Inns.

I'd want a chest strap and would start by looking at OMM and Inov8 ranges. Why not take your required kit to a shop in a plastic bag and check vol there? I find pockets on waist belt are great for little treats when you're going through a bad patch, be it a gel, a Mars bar or a pork pie
    Poacher turned game-keeper