Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 146

Thread: Four Inns

  1. #101
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    500

    Re: Four Inns

    Quote Originally Posted by superflyguy View Post
    A brilliant day out. Beautiful conditions and the remaining snow made for excellent views and great running a times. The checkpoint staff were cracking as ever, the rice pudding at Whitehall proving a real hit. Hard to imagine that the event was in the balance until a few days before.

    and we smashed our target finish time by 4 minutes! Well chuffed with 11:56. Sub 11 next time!

    you'll have a great day tomorrow if the weather holds. Wear sun cream, I look like lobster today!
    Nice one superfly, well done on the sub 12 hour.

    Not sure we'll need suntan cream tomorrow but at least it should stay dry

  2. #102
    Master DazTheSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Manchester
    Posts
    3,860

    Re: Four Inns

    er... BBC Travel is showing the Holme Moss road STILL SHUT DUE TO SNOW - how can this be!?

    good job I've packed my headtorch

    if I go over to Langsett and throw a left onto the A616, does anybody know if it's then worth taking the B6106 to cut the corner to Holmfirth, or am I just as well sticking to the A roads...?
    Last edited by DazTheSlug; 07-04-2013 at 10:17 PM.
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun to run

  3. #103
    Master DazTheSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Manchester
    Posts
    3,860

    Re: Four Inns

    Many Thanks to Will for his company on a fantastic day out yesterday
    superb weather, generally excellent underfoot, plenty of picnic stops and kept well hydrated
    completed in 11 hours exactly, so well chuffed :thumbup:
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun to run

  4. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    500

    Re: Four Inns

    Quote Originally Posted by DazTheSlug View Post
    Many Thanks to Will for his company on a fantastic day out yesterday
    superb weather, generally excellent underfoot, plenty of picnic stops and kept well hydrated
    completed in 11 hours exactly, so well chuffed :thumbup:
    Thanks Daz. Indeed a a fantastic day out and thanks to sensible pacing / eating and drinking we were both strong at the finish and I feel pretty ok today.

    Looked at some of the 10 - 12 hour teams splits from Sat. We were right about Kinder, our sub 1 hr 15 was right up there with the best. Think we maybe lost a bit on the road to Whitehall but did pretty well on the Cat & Fiddle and Buxton bits.

    Looking good for the BG

  5. #105
    Master DazTheSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Manchester
    Posts
    3,860

    Re: Four Inns

    our Snake-Edale split was 1:17, which would've been top-10
    I've been dying to "nail" that section for ages and think we did a good job of it
    our Torside-Doctor's Gate split of 1:36 would've been top-20, which is not bad considering we "winged" a lot of it
    Edale-White Hall is my worst nightmare so not surprising we lost time there
    but we perked up nicely after White Hall in the pursuit of a sub-11
    I also feel surprisingly well on it today - amazing what this "training" lark will do
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun to run

  6. #106
    Grandmaster IanDarkpeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    near the dark stuff
    Posts
    13,033

    Re: Four Inns

    Quote Originally Posted by DazTheSlug View Post
    er... BBC Travel is showing the Holme Moss road STILL SHUT DUE TO SNOW - how can this be!?

    good job I've packed my headtorch

    if I go over to Langsett and throw a left onto the A616, does anybody know if it's then worth taking the B6106 to cut the corner to Holmfirth, or am I just as well sticking to the A roads...?
    It's still closed by snow I think. Also the woodhead is closed now due to.........Moorland fires?????

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    500

    Re: Four Inns

    Quote Originally Posted by DazTheSlug View Post
    our Snake-Edale split was 1:17, which would've been top-10
    I've been dying to "nail" that section for ages and think we did a good job of it
    our Torside-Doctor's Gate split of 1:36 would've been top-20, which is not bad considering we "winged" a lot of it
    Edale-White Hall is my worst nightmare so not surprising we lost time there
    but we perked up nicely after White Hall in the pursuit of a sub-11
    I also feel surprisingly well on it today - amazing what this "training" lark will do
    We got the Kinder corssing spot on I reckon and not too far off on the Bleaklow crossing.

    Agreed on this training thing. Feeling good today, think I'll go for a fastish Kinder trog tomorrow. Need something fast to prepare for the 3P.

  8. #108
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    500

    Re: Four Inns

    Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    It's still closed by snow I think. Also the woodhead is closed now due to.........Moorland fires?????
    ]

    Yes unbelievable how its still closed by snow. We came across the odd drift on Black Hill but not a lot left.

  9. #109
    Grandmaster IanDarkpeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    near the dark stuff
    Posts
    13,033

    Re: Four Inns

    Ran A night Nav course last night and came across two huge drifts. One was banked out for 60ft! yes 60ft and probably 4-5m deep and went out of eye site in the dark but probably 100m long? up on Howden. could be there for weeks?

  10. #110
    Master GeoffB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Mills - but usually on Kinder
    Posts
    2,198

    Re: Four Inns

    Back to the race...

    Congratulations to Adam Perry, brother Chris Perry & Ian Phillips on beating Flipper's Gang's course record - 6hr 38min isn't too shabby. Keeping it in the family, dad Kev Perry's team finished second.

Similar Threads

  1. New Race - Two Inns
    By LME in forum Races
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-06-2010, 10:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •