Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Four Inns

Quote Originally Posted by DazTheSlug View Post
    I haven't run for the last month
    due to what I was informed this morning is atrial fibrillation
    my chances of being fit for 4 Inns are remote, so I'm out
    Rodders / superflyguy / IDP - hope you can get organised without me
    good luck with the AF if you need to chat give me a pm or a bell...

My 3rd time coming up for this one. The weather forecast looks pretty reasonable – cool and dry. A bit of wind, but hopefully mainly behind us for most of the way. One of my favourite events, lovely route, well organised and you’re really well looked after at the checkpoints (not quite Fellsman standard catering, but that’s fine, more than enough for this distance). The route is a more civilised/friendly version of the HPM (which I did for the first time this year…….. was very interesting!), which is a bit sparse on well stocked checkpoints, although the ones they do have are very good – funnily I saw a few privileged ladies at Snake Pass being handed some extra treats and I gladly shared a sip of a lady runner’s Irish coffee she had (in the opposite hand to her sausage butty!). Btw, shame they don’t publish a pre-entered list for the 4 Inns so you can see who’s likely to be participating.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing everyone out on the fells on Saturday………. I’m from the south, so I can’t wait to get back on the hills.
    Totley AC

hope everyone got a run out. after both of my original team mates dropped out I managed to persuade a couple of other mates to accompany me. They dragged me round in 8:55, smashing my 23 years old PB! very happy, very tired but surprisingly not too stiff - might even make training on Tuesday night!

A fantastic day out as always; the weather was fantastic, great checkpoint tucker & staff and good camaraderie on course. Just what these long ones are all about.

see ya next year (somewhat slower - probably)
    Adam Speed
    P&B

That's a great time and to beat a 23 year old PB, mightily impressive. Well done indeed. I do think fell runners get better with age and experience on some of the longer courses.

I managed a 9:53, not a PB, but very happy with that on the day and really enjoyed the whole day with my team. As you say, conditions were really good, and just great to be out and enjoying some time on the hills. Organisation was at its usual perfection.... everyone was so well looked after. Previously I've never stopped for food at the finish....... tried it this time and loved the baked potatoes and chilli, hmmmm yum. Already looking forward to the next one.

Btw - as non-locals, some info/tips re logistics. Our team stayed in the Premier Inn at Leek the night before (which is very new, cheap and excellent), from there we drove early in the morning to Buxton school (the finish location), left the car and took a taxi (at 5.55am) to the start at Holmbridge, arriving around 6.40. Our start time was 7.26 (I'd asked for a late one) and we had plenty of time for registration, kit check and by then no queues for the loo as most teams had left :-)

Fully recommend the taxi company we used - A.Cabs - google them (I have no personal/commercial association with them). Also, a new Premier is underway in Buxton, so by this time next year, that's where I'll be staying the night before.
    Totley AC

This is one of the highlights in my calender. It's a great day out with the CP at Chinley being a particular treat (ham sarnies with a touch of mustard). Just 12 months to wait till the next one.

at the risk of tempting fate and/or sounding like a broken record

I'm aiming for 10-10:30

Would anybody like to form up a team with me please?
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

I am entered as part of a 3-man team for this next Saturday (19th March)

which means we have ROOM FOR A 4th if anyone is interested...
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

A bit of a longshot…… but any takers to do 4 Inns on Sat 19th Mar? Looking for an extra person to make 2 teams of 3 - we have the same start time of 7.28am and would essentially run as a team of 6. Looking to get round in 9.5-10 hrs (40 miles – 7,500 ft ascent). Entry fee is £28 and there is an option (£15) for a lift in a taxi to get from Buxton School (finish) at 5.50am to Holmbridge (start). Current entrants are: Mark Clayton, Barbara Clayton, Tom Keely, Simon Harrison, Andrew Reeves.
    Totley AC

Bit of a resurrection, but just wondering what sort of time a Bob Graham completer would pull off in this event (in a similar way to an 18 hour Fellsman probably equates to a successful BGR).

I appreciate the differences in distance and climb make the extrapolation a bit tricky, but IÂ’ve done the Four Inns a lot, so itÂ’s probably my best yardstickÂ…

Ferg

I'd say that a good BG completer could get round in 8 hours. Although I really don't think that the FourInns is a good comparison to the BG, the ground is too easy.
    A better comparison would be the Old County Tops (better training for a BG as well). When I got a 23hours BG I did the OCT in 8.5hours.