Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Garburn Trail

Re: Garburn Trail

Thanks everyone. We're all a bit apprehensive, but quite excited too.

Is the coach trip back included in the entry fee?

Rabbit, the coach trip back to Staveley is included in entry fee.
    Don't let me put you off with my tales of Leeds A & E. Some marvellous scenery on the Garburn Pass,but just remember to look where you are putting your feet !
    Nip into Wilf's when you get back to Staveley for a good nosh

Quote Originally Posted by Run Rabbit View Post
    All this talk about blood and A&E is making us nervous. Is it really that rough?
    What worries us more is getting lost. Am I right in thinking the course is easy to follow? I'm becoming a frightened rabbit!
    Hi Rabbit, just thought I'd hop on to this thread....

As others have said, no chance of getting lost, we've more than 50 marshals out on the course, and three water & Quiggins Kendal Mint Cake stations, km markers and lots of signs.

As you've entered the Garburn Challenge, there will be no time pressures, so you and your friends can enjoy the route and the stunning scenery. Don't forget to log on to the event website www.lakelandtrails.org for any last minute information.

See you on June 3rd !
    Puma Trailfox Lakeland Trails - Inspiring Races in Beautiful Places

Sorry I've just re-read the final details and it explains about the coach silly me! There seems to be so much else going on I must have overlooked that bit.
    It seems very organised - are all fell races like this? We might have to come up to the lakes more often.

RR - the Lakeland Trail Races are 'big' events compared to your average fell race. In fact, most fell runners would argue that they're not fell races!

Fell races are very low key. £4 to enter - a hundred or so sinewy, gnarly fell runners - a cup of tea and some top-class nosh at the end. And that's that. They're great And so are the trail races, but in a completely different sort of way.
    I think I'll walk this bit....

Quote Originally Posted by The Juicer View Post
    RR - the Lakeland Trail Races are 'big' events compared to your average fell race. In fact, most fell runners would argue that they're not fell races!

Fell races are very low key. £4 to enter - a hundred or so sinewy, gnarly fell runners - a cup of tea and some top-class nosh at the end. And that's that. They're great And so are the trail races, but in a completely different sort of way.
    Lakeland Trails are SEXY fell races

Ta for that TR. Could have done with a few more skinny blokes in lycra to be 'truly' sexy

TR - Will it be ok if I'm a minute or 2 over the 2.30 cut-off in the 'race'. It's just that I do actually regard myself as a 'serious' runner, so wanted to enter the race. But when I compared against my time at Coniston last year, I realised that I'd be very close. If I run the same speed per km it came out at 2.31.

Quote Originally Posted by The Juicer View Post
    Ta for that TR. Could have done with a few more skinny blokes in lycra to be 'truly' sexy

TR - Will it be ok if I'm a minute or 2 over the 2.30 cut-off in the 'race'. It's just that I do actually regard myself as a 'serious' runner, so wanted to enter the race. But when I compared against my time at Coniston last year, I realised that I'd be very close. If I run the same speed per km it came out at 2.31.
    We've got three marksmen on the course at Orrest Head, who will take out any runner who doesn't look like they will finish in two and a half hours !

The Juicer - enjoy it - what's a few minutes between running friends !!!

See you June 3rd !

Trail Runner i bought myself The English Lakes OL7 explorer map yesterday and looking at the slide show on the Garburn web site, apart from the start taking us to Reston Scar, I think i know the route now.

It loooks absolutely lovely partiularly the section where we run alongside Kentmere Tarn. I'm really looking forward to the run now.

Unless i've missed them, i can't seem to find any details on the Garburn website about parking at the Windermere end for spectators. Is it possible to park at or anywhere near the school where we finish in Windermere?
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Runner View Post
    We've got three marksmen on the course at Orrest Head, who will take out any runner who doesn't look like they will finish in two and a half hours !

I'll save a bit of a sprint for Orrest Head then. Hopefully I'll be too quick a moving target for your snipers!