Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Blakes Heaven

Forecast suggests a more comfortable experience this year.......

First fell race of the year in this neck of the woods. Always gets a good turnout and has in the past offered tea and cakes. See you there on Saturday

Only just warmed up from last year
    Can't wait. Seems long time since I tried hard on a run
    Might even have one less beer Friday night

It was less cold.

Thanks to CFR, and all the helpers that helped, but especially to Jennie and Tom in particular. Nice cakes, and everyone admired Jennie's new boiler.
    Good to see people out running, seems like a long time since I last raced, what a good feeling.

Echoing Jennings comments, many thanks to all involved for today's race and the flapjack with the chocolate topping was fit for the Great British Bake Off.
    The race itself was a cracking blast of what felt more than 4.2miles, I'd have sworn it was more like 6 until I saw Phil Clayton's watch stats.
    The only clag was on the summit of Blake Fell and I went wrong off the summit. This was even after Jim the marshal pointed me in the right direction but like a nob I followed the guy in front.
    After 100 metres or so myself, Clayton runner Dave Motley and a guy from Trawden all stopped realising our mistake.... Lancashire lads, you can't take em anywhere.
    I was just about to get my map out when a local runner shouted us back....cheers fella.
    The final descent was belting and I won a bottle of beer for being the runner who may have travelled the furthest to attend the race....it was worth it, cheers.

http://www.granddayoutphotography.co...fell-race-2015

Taken from near the top of Burnbank, everyone looks good......

Was moving slow enough for him to take five photos of me, now the odds of one being flattering, surely this time,

How many really bad photos of me are there on the web? And no, there is no conclusion to be drawn here.

Anyone seen the results?

http://www.c-f-r.org.uk/

with thanks to the organisers / web master

A few shots from Blakes Heaven 2016 here. Feel free to tag, copy, share etc.

https://www.facebook.com/cumberlandfellrunners/

There is a change of location for registration and start for the race on the 25th of January. This follows a small access issue

It has moved up the road a bit to the Ennerdale Show field. There is therefore a new route. It will be a straight up and down Blake Fell, featuring the classic descent down "The Pens". ( Not classic if you like dancing over boulders on a 1 in 1 slope ). We like it, so that makes it a classic.

Details will be on the CFR website some time on Wednesday evening. We are keen to reach as many possible regulars as possible - please tell your friends, if you know they are coming.

http://c-f-r.org.uk/pages/

many thanks

Sadly CFR have to announce that we are having to cancel Blake’s Heaven 2020
    Sorry to disappoint