Thread: Today's Gym Session

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Re: Today's Gym Session

Quote Originally Posted by chamber34 View Post
    200mtr on rower
    10min bike
    then some squats/ lunges etc
    sit ups
    Getting frustrated now though with not running. Going to the gym - but not really working to hard.
    Want to work a bit harder in the gym, do a max 500m on the rower, then build a session round it, e.g. minimum 5 x 1min @ 80-90% 1 min rest. Can be set up as a custom session on a Concept 2. Aim to keep your pace consistent (i.e. all sets including your last set as close to the pace of the first). To make it harder you can do a number of things: add more sets, reduce rest, increase work period... (e.g. you could do 5 x 500m w/ 1 min rest @ 80-90%)

I love the rower. If I could afford a Concept 2, I would have one in an instant.

At the moment, back on the 100 Press Up Challenge (85) and 50 Pull Up Challenge (a disappointing 15.5). Just done 7/7/7/7/11 tonight with 1min rest. Then some core work, ITB-rollering and a few bi-curls.
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by southernsoftie View Post
    Want to work a bit harder in the gym, do a max 500m on the rower, then build a session round it, e.g. minimum 5 x 1min @ 80-90% 1 min rest. Can be set up as a custom session on a Concept 2. Aim to keep your pace consistent (i.e. all sets including your last set as close to the pace of the first). To make it harder you can do a number of things: add more sets, reduce rest, increase work period... (e.g. you could do 5 x 500m w/ 1 min rest @ 80-90%)

I love the rower. If I could afford a Concept 2, I would have one in an instant.

At the moment, back on the 100 Press Up Challenge (85) and 50 Pull Up Challenge (a disappointing 15.5). Just done 7/7/7/7/11 tonight with 1min rest. Then some core work, ITB-rollering and a few bi-curls.

Hi southeren will give that a go, will try the 500mtr split, will aim for 1.35/40 splits. wanna get off the bike as its boring now. Got challenge in the gym for rowing. Do 2k as fast as possible so far i have got it from 7.29 to 7.03 wanna go under 7m. Dont often do the rower but intervals wil help me do that cheers.

Tried running today after 30mtrs my knee started hurting, stopped after 300mtrs, been 4 weeks now felt like crying today lol thought it would be ok running slow!!
    another week hope it ok

Quote Originally Posted by southernsoftie View Post

I couldnt even do 1 pull up!!

I couldnt even do 1 pull up!!
    Try doing negative pull-ups, get yourself up to the bar however you can and come down really slowly. Works the muscles used in pull-ups. Stick with it and before you know it you'll be doing more than one.
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    Try doing negative pull-ups, get yourself up to the bar however you can and come down really slowly. Works the muscles used in pull-ups. Stick with it and before you know it you'll be doing more than one.
    Il give it a go , think i need to lose few stone also lol

Il give it a go , think i need to lose few stone also lol
    That'll help, once weighed 13.5 stone but now i'm down to 11.5 evreything comes a bit easier, keep at it mate.
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    That'll help, once weighed 13.5 stone but now i'm down to 11.5 evreything comes a bit easier, keep at it mate.
    Was 19 now 14, so still need to lose 2 -3 more. Cant seem to do it tho , been between 13.8 an 14.4 for about 8 months now frustrating, that 2 stone would make such a difference in running and things like pull ups. need to cut out crisps an choc .
    How did u lose the 2 stone? did u try or just came off with excercise?

5k on the rower

Tried to do the 500mtrs splits but went too fast lol, did 2 of em, will do them over the weekend and slow it down a bit

How did u lose the 2 stone? did u try or just came off with excercise?
    Started cycling to work, then got into cycling at weekend, then got into running to work and at weekend. Came off with exercise, can't diet to save my life, probably eat more now than i used to!
    Hills and Guinness!

Smile Re: Today's Gym Session

Rower 10k in 42m45sec wanna break 40min by time i back running. quite like the rower now, better for my knee than bike also, and better for weight loss than bike also