Thread: Post op ankle rehab

Post op ankle rehab

Well its been a while since I posted on here. Been hiding whilst injured but hopefully I am now on a road to some kind of recovery.

Had surgery on my foot/ankle two weeks ago. They trimmed a bit of bone from my foot and tidied up my peroneal tendons cut off damage and also drained some fluid (not sure what? I was still :w00t: on morphine whilst he was telling me).

Went back today with my pot on, they took it off, consultant came in had a quick look, said yes scar healed well, no need for a pot or a walker boot, off you go come back in 6 weeks he then legged it. No chance of asking questions.

Question I had was when is a suitable time to start booking in private physio sessions? Should I wait until the next 6 weeks are up or is it a good idea to start physio as soon as possible?

No running at the moment but is it a wise idea to start trying to get movement back into is as soon as possible with ankle rotation etc or should I just leave it alone?

What have others done to get themselves up and running again?

Re: Post op ankle rehab

The sooner you can get movement going, the sooner it will start to free up and feel normal again. Just take it easy and do simple ankle exercises and walking. Usual general rule of anything that hurts is too much, and you should be fine.

Re: Post op ankle rehab

Cheers for that.

Movement is coming back slowly but still a major hobble at the moment. One thing I will not be doing is rushing it. I think that is one of the reasons why I have needed surgery in the first place.

Main reason for the post was to make sure I don't do too much too soon really. But done the sensible thing and called my physio for some advice on what they recommend