Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: heart

Master

Re: heart

Sounds like a faulty monitor reading to me. VT this fast would stop you very quickly, even AF at this rate would make you feel pretty grim = too grim to run well, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
    i have all those symptons every time i complete the three peaks lol
    .i have got a few more runs just recently where the heart rate has shot up half way through the run but I have not noticed that I felt any different, if anything I am doing PB's on all my training runs.
    I should add that I am 54 so was not really expecting to sustain such a high heart beat. the monitor seems to be working fine on the bike so that has thrown me as well.
    not sure how the doc can check other than follow me round the 3 peaks? she is a runner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Sounds like a faulty monitor reading to me. VT this fast would stop you very quickly, even AF at this rate would make you feel pretty grim = too grim to run well, if at all.
    Geronimo, I know what you mean LOL but I'm a top 10-20% runner, when I went in to AF with a very rapid heartbeat C220 10 paces and I'd had it, on verge of collapse, even walking was hard work, sit down try and lower the heart rate try again, after 1 mile I was the back marker in a very big race! at that point I opted to retire as I knew something was drastically wrong, the thought that I'd be running for 2-3 hours was an impossibility.

Hospital next week for an Andosine? (spell?) stress test to see if I have to go under the lazer!

Master

Adenosine.