Thread: A little shoulder niggle ...

A little shoulder niggle ...

I'd thought there was summat amiss with it ...

Attachment 4547

Re: A little shoulder niggle .

Took me quite a while to work out what angle that pic was taken from, very confusing indeed. Dislocated?

lost between Blackstone Edge and Stoodley Pike

winging scapula - possibly as a result of muscle imbalance / weakness unless it was due to trauma or sudden on-set. Would get it checked out but sorted with the right exercises, as long as you do em.

Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Would get it checked out
    Gaz
    The pic looks like it was taken in the hospital to me.

I've never heard of Winging Scapula before. Looks uncomfortable :thunbdown:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    winging scapula - possibly as a result of muscle imbalance / weakness unless it was due to trauma or sudden on-set. Would get it checked out but sorted with the right exercises, as long as you do em.

Gaz
    spot on - the weird thing though is that there was no trauma, but it seems to be isolated to that muscle

it seems I trapped a nerve somehow and that set off a few days of bad pain (I ran Wadsworth Trog in a certain amount of dscomfort ...), but where I didn't really notice the shoulder blade poking out at all

it was only when the neck/should pain went - i.e., the nerve became untrapped? - that the shoudler blade really started winging out, so it seems the muscle was put out of action at some point, even though the nerve issue is OK now ...

It's taking its time going back in, I must say

this is becoming a bit of a problem

it doesn't seem to be correcting itself and in the meantime I can't do many upper body exercises for fear of making it worse

so not only has it temporarily (hopefully) knocked out a lot of shoulder strength but I'm also losing muscular fitness all the time

I talked to someone the other day who said it had become a long-term weakness for them - as the nerve was permanently damaged, which is what I am worried about

I'm back to see the doc / physio about it, but has anyone else first-hand experience of this?

Sorry to hear that Zoot, hope you get it sorted quickly. Have you had physio on it already? I've no idea about this myself, first time I've seen it.

Master
    Last edited by Mike T; 30-03-2011 at 03:32 PM. Reason: additional reference.