Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is McDonald’s oatmeal wellnes

Re: Is McDonald’s oatmeal well

nutritionally possibly not,
    (though I wouldn't be too sure that there isn't all kinds of unnecessary stuff in there)

and then there is the world domination to think about.
    I'd rather give my money to the local cafe or van, not the international corporation.

my S&E served me well on Saturday morning and powered me round Trollers 15 minutes faster than my best estimated time!
    Adam Speed
    P&B

It makes me think that all this sports and nutrition science may just be a load of guff, when people are running the Fellsman and such on sausage rolls, custard creams and cups of tea...

Quote Originally Posted by Nee Bother View Post
    Ditto......in fact early Sunday morning me n Mrs went for walk along beach and then spent an while in Maccy D's, decent coffee, S&E Mc Muffin and read their newspapers. £5 ish
    For a grand price of £1.19 McDonalds does do a very good cup of black coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by plodding bear View Post
    It makes me think that all this sports and nutrition science may just be a load of guff, when people are running the Fellsman and such on sausage rolls, custard creams and cups of tea...
    That stuff may get people round on the day, but even professional athletes aren't immune from angina, heart attacks, strokes and other nasty ailments including cancer. Chances of developing these are greatly increased by eating trans fats, saturated fats etc found in junk food.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

I hope you're not inferring that sausage rolls are 'junk food', Alex!
    Seriously though, what I meant was that unless you're a top athlete, is there really a need for us back of the pack runners to be worrying about gels and bars, energy drinks et al, at twice the price of a packet of jaffas and a bit of dilute juice or whatever?

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Ay up Gary, how's the knee?
    Touch wood, all good. How's yours Mr B?

Looking fwd to a Chicken Legend today for lunch - the only other decent bit of food MaccyDs do. Well it's full of protein... Late back home last night so not enough time to prepare my usual pasta/tuna/mayo/sweetcorn/red pepper/spring onion gubbins, hence the junk.

Fact - lack of time/preparation and you will resort to unhealthier options. (But putting things in perspective, once in a while won't hurt.)

Edit: ooh get me, 5,000 posts. I need to run more...
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by wjr View Post
    For a grand price of £1.19 McDonalds does do a very good cup of black coffee.
    Its surprisingly good coffee too.

Not keen on their coffee - always seems to be far too hot to drink with the meal, so end up sitting there for ages waiting for it to cool down. Maybe it's deliberate, they know that as their food won't leave you feeling full for more than two minutes, by the time you've actually drunk the coffee you'll have had another three egg mcmuffins!
    Or is that just me..?

Quote Originally Posted by southernsoftie View Post
    Late back home last night so not enough time to prepare my usual pasta/tuna/mayo/sweetcorn/red pepper/spring onion gubbins, hence the junk.

Fact - lack of time/preparation and you will resort to unhealthier options. (But putting things in perspective, once in a while won't hurt.)
    surely instead of catching up with the forum and writing this erudite post you could have been preparing your non-junk lunch
    Adam Speed
    P&B