Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Blubberhouses 25

Re: Blubberhouses 25-28 March

That report is the old clockwise route.
    I've been sent the route description in hard copy. Not sure if there's an electronic copy out there in the ether.
    If you're really keen, and I'm especially bored tomorrow, I'll type a copy out. Otherwise you'll have to enter in advance and they'll post you one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherton Lad View Post
    That report is the old clockwise route.
    I've been sent the route description in hard copy. Not sure if there's an electronic copy out there in the ether.
    If you're really keen, and I'm especially bored tomorrow, I'll type a copy out. Otherwise you'll have to enter in advance and they'll post you one.
    There's a pack of Haribo in it for you if you do. Only leaving entry til the day as missed lots of events due to dodgy leg recently and sick of wasting the money.

Brotherton Lad, cheers for that. I'm more than happy to be ditched after the first third ! I take it the route is reasonably easy to follow ? I haven't done it before & won't have time to do a recce !

OK, abridged route description. Your fault if you get lost.
    Start 207531, go N on road 400m, 1st road L downhill to lane on L, turn L to dam. CP1 194528. Go N to car park, cross road, path along edge of reservoir to Blubberhouses car park. Go up steps on R, cross busy A59 go down steps on E of river. Path upstream for 1.3 miles, river on L. Cross bridge, head for LH side of dam. CP2 155574 leave car park, go L 400 to T junc, R 400 to next junc, turn L uphill to 145570. Turn R to Spittle Ings Ho and bear R to Rocking Hall CP3 111579. Go SW on good track to Bolton Park Fm and down road to wooden br. Do not cross br, turn L on Dales Way. Cross ford, leave road after 30m R back on to Dales Way. Stay high till gate. Stay high along wall on L to CP4 076542 (s/c). Go L uphill to Storiths CP5 081543. Take FP to SE heading to Deerstones, several stiles. Cross fast A59 to CP6 088531 refreshments. Steep drop down and over footbr, up to Ling Chapel Farm, bear half R on FP over moor to CP7 092522. Leave road, wall on R to hit main track up to trig pt on Beamsley Beacon. On NE to Round Hill. Then ESE thru bog to standing stone at 134530 and past corner of wood at 150525 to Ellacarr Pike. L on track to CP8 165529. Track and road E to Timble. In Timble go R at map board. After Highfield Farm bear L on FP heading for wood and blue Yorks Water sign. Fiddly bit in woods to emerge at CP1 (haven't recced this yet). Same way back over dam to finish 207531. (Some use the FP E to Bland Hill)

For the last bit in the woods:

When you enter the woods you are on a wide path/track. Follow this, it's almost straight ahead, until you come to a group of buildings. Go to the right of the buildings and head SE (ish!) until you come to an old wall, follow this to the right until you can drop down to CP1.

(From memory - DT should know a bit better as he's done this a few times)
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Thanks, Bob. I did know that. Just wanted to leave a bit of uncertainty for my sprint finish.

And the reason for using the road, not the FP, at the start is to prevent an almighty bottleneck at the gates and stiles.
    Last edited by Brotherton Lad; 15-03-2010 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    A pm to Chris Brown might yield a map I met him at this event last year and he's usually got a map sorted for the races etc he does
    yes, still have a map, just pm your email
    Chris

what time do the runners start, i thought it was a different time to walkers??

Everyone started at the same time last year.

The instructions say, "Registration from 6.45 and a prompt 8.30 start for all."
    Though I have heard the hall won't be open till 7am.
    Don't forget the clocks go forward on Sat night.