Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Blubberhouses 25

Re: Blubberhouses 25

Anyone got a link to a map for this one?
    Cheers
    “Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ……… it’s about learning how to dance in the rain!”

Super Moderator

Route description from a previous post on this thread:

Start 207531, go N on road 400m, 1st road L downhill to lane on L, turn L to dam. CP1 194528. Go N to car park, cross road, path along edge of reservoir to Blubberhouses car park. Go up steps on R, cross busy A59 go down steps on E of river. Path upstream for 1.3 miles, river on L. Cross bridge, head for LH side of dam. CP2 155574 leave car park, go L 400 to T junc, R 400 to next junc, turn L uphill to 145570. Turn R to Spittle Ings Ho and bear R to Rocking Hall CP3 111579. Go SW on good track to Bolton Park Fm and down road to wooden br. Do not cross br, turn L on Dales Way. Cross ford, leave road after 30m R back on to Dales Way. Stay high till gate. Stay high along wall on L to CP4 076542 (s/c). Go L uphill to Storiths CP5 081543. Take FP to SE heading to Deerstones, several stiles. Cross fast A59 to CP6 088531 refreshments. Steep drop down and over footbr, up to Ling Chapel Farm, bear half R on FP over moor to CP7 092522. Leave road, wall on R to hit main track up to trig pt on Beamsley Beacon. On NE to Round Hill. Then ESE thru bog to standing stone at 134530 and past corner of wood at 150525 to Ellacarr Pike. L on track to CP8 165529. Track and road E to Timble. In Timble go R at map board. After Highfield Farm bear L on FP heading for wood and blue Yorks Water sign. Fiddly bit in woods to emerge at CP1. Same way back over dam to finish 207531. (Some use the FP E to Bland Hill, shorter but lots of stiles and legs not happy)
    Poacher turned game-keeper

DT thanks for this.
    Got this, just wondered if a map was about. Easier to follow for me!!
    Cheers
    “Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ……… it’s about learning how to dance in the rain!”

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Runway View Post
    DT thanks for this.
    Cheers
    The route is quite simple to follow and has several long sections which don't deviate much. It's a good (and surprisingly runnable) route :thumbup:
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    The route is quite simple to follow and has several long sections which don't deviate much. It's a good (and surprisingly runnable) route :thumbup:
    I second that!:thumbup:

I'm thinking the "Then ESE thru bog to standing stone" section might be a tad damper than it was last year!:w00t:

Here's my Garmin Connect details from last year: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/163674716
    Last edited by Multiterrainer; 22-03-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Runway View Post
    DT thanks for this.
    Cheers
    I'd say the bit from the Wharfe to Storiths and the bit from Timble back to the reservoir are the trickiest. Assuming clear conditions of course.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Ooo Multi - not sure you should cut across the field on the way out!

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    I second that!:thumbup:

I'm thinking the "Then ESE thru bog to standing stone" section might be a tad damper than it was last year!:w00t:

Here's my Garmin Connect details from last year: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/163674716

Quote Originally Posted by socks View Post
    Ooo Multi - not sure you should cut across the field on the way out!
    You are right of course socks, though in my defence I just displayed sheep-like behaviour and followed all the 25+ runners who were ahead of me at that time!

**For others reading this thread the 'cut across the field' was all on PROW's so no breaking of the country code was involved!

Thanks guys, appreciate your replies and advice.
    Looking forward to it.
    Cheers

Might be over for this...looks a good one!

How many refreshments posts are on the route?